What time would you have served the food?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I'm a terrible hostess I'd be hiding in my bedroom and letting dh hosts if he wants to do a bbq.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would have had snacks out and started grilling around 1-1:30.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I don't know. I never planned parties and get togethers, but I guess there'd be chips and snacky type things out before guests even arrived - and anything people brought, if that was a thing. And then BBQ later into the day ...3.... or 4.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

No matter what time an event is at our house, i always have food and if the main course wasn't done, I would always have chips set out at least and sometimes a veggie tray and fruit, cheese and crackers, things like that. It's so strange to me when people don't have any food at some type of party especially when the time is at lunch or dinner time. One time we went to a birthday party at 6PM. No main course type food....just chips and fruit. I was so thankful that I asked my cousin ahead of time if me and the kids should eat before the party and she seemed offended that I asked. Whatever.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I would have put out finger food at the start.
RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

When I host, I specify what time people can start arriving and what time the food is expected to be ready. I would not let more than an hour go by without serving food. I always like to have a lot of appetizers, too.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic