Does anyone actually know why WW2 happened?

PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yes, many of us know the causes of both wars and could also have some pretty heated arguments over the hows and whys.

WW2 also didn't happen because Hitler was killing people...we (the world) ignored that for a while before he started invading other countries. Then we took notice. It was never about the people being locked away.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

The real question I ask is why did the USA become the worlds police force afterwards?
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:15 pm The real question I ask is why did the USA become the worlds police force afterwards?
It’s not. The US only ever tends to get involved when it’s financial interests are in jeopardy.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:07 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:15 pm The real question I ask is why did the USA become the worlds police force afterwards?
It’s not. The US only ever tends to get involved when it’s financial interests are in jeopardy.
I was waiting for this thread to veer off this way... seemed like just a setup for isolationist propaganda.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:33 pm
I was waiting for this thread to veer off this way... seemed like just a setup for isolationist propaganda.
You don't find it strangely odd at how quickly the US went from being isolationist to being what it became after WWII?
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:47 pm

You don't find it strangely odd at how quickly the US went from being isolationist to being what it became after WWII?
no
Anonymous 1

Unread post

That’s weird , because I posted it and I’m not even sure what isolationist propaganda is.
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

OP, Ken Burns is trustworthy and reliable. You might want to take a look at the following:

"Timeline | The War | Ken Burns | PBS" https://www.pbs.org/kenburns/the-war/timeline
just an old coot 😉🌵
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Interesting (regarding the U.S. "policing" other countries)....

"Milestones: 1945–1952 - Office of the Historian" https://history.state.gov/milestones/19 ... n-doctrine
just an old coot 😉🌵
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:43 pm There’s more to it than I would type in a post, but simplified synopsis is that following WWI, Germany received the majority of the legal blame causing financial and psychological circumstances among the government and public, opening the door to a more extremist government that signed mutual assistance pacts with Japan and Italy, all who had their own interests for global expansion. This led to military involvement from the Allies powers mainly because of the military invasion of neighboring European countries, causing fear of invasion of their own territories, not to protect the groups being persecuted by the axis powers.

WWI was primarily caused by colonialism and tension caused by mutual interests in territories.
By far, best answer.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic