I’m running away from life

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:10 pm Have you been subpoenaed ? Have you talked to the prosecutor to find out if they plan to subpoena you? There are exemptions to martial privilege, child abuse is one of them. Why would you invoke martial privilege in a criminal child abuse case?
No, I should ask the prosecutor, but it almost went to trial last year and got postponed at the last minute. I wasn’t subpoenaed then either.

For what it’s worth, it’s not against my kids, and I saw nothing, knew nothing, until cops showed up. I have nothing to offer, but I don’t want to sit and listen to all the dirty details either.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:03 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:17 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:51 am Just something to keep in mind, that you might have already thought about, you can’t be forced to testify but you can choose to if neither of you have invoked the privilege. Depending on the circumstances you might want to have the option to testify if given the choice. If not, there’s no harm in taking a break, I would just make sure to have resources available to your kids at that time as well, they may need emotional support even if they are being distracted with something fun.
I have considered that but I won’t be testifying for him.
Would you testify against him? I think it’s a good idea, but I would just make sure to emotionally stay in check with the kids, they might not voice anxieties and feelings they are having. The week my sisters attacker was sentenced my parents took us on a trip and decided they would receive the verdict but wouldn’t discuss it until we got back thinking it would give us a chance to have a “normal” fun weekend and escape it all, but it was still all my sister could think about the whole time.
No, I saw nothing, knew nothing, I have nothing to offer against him. My kids have no accusations against him either. They’re in therapy over him being so abruptly removed from the house. But I’ll be sure to check in on their feelings.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:37 pm
Quorra2.0 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:10 pm Have you been subpoenaed ? Have you talked to the prosecutor to find out if they plan to subpoena you? There are exemptions to martial privilege, child abuse is one of them. Why would you invoke martial privilege in a criminal child abuse case?
No, I should ask the prosecutor, but it almost went to trial last year and got postponed at the last minute. I wasn’t subpoenaed then either.

For what it’s worth, it’s not against my kids, and I saw nothing, knew nothing, until cops showed up. I have nothing to offer, but I don’t want to sit and listen to all the dirty details either.
I’d definitely ask. More than likely if they were going to summon you, they would have already contacted you but this is something I’d follow a “better safe than sorry” on.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I think it is a great idea! My heart goes out to you and your daughter. I hope they nail the SOB. I hope everything goes your way. 💜
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic