I think im going to move

Anonymous 1

Unread post

This the 2nd winter living in this house. 4 bedroom 2 bath central heat and air. well this is also the 2nd winter that our pipes froze and busted. Also the 2nd winter it has been cold as hell because the unit on this house isnt big enough for this house. thankfully this year we got prepared and bought electric heater. problem is; if anyone uses the microwave while we have the one in our bedroom on, it throws a braker. and we also cant use one of the plug-in in our living room because it started burning. last yr when our pipes busted it took them 18 days to fix it. The ac is messed up it needed freon 2 times last summer.. there are other issues as well. I am so done with this house. it looks nice but has not been maintained properly. it isn't worth what we pay monthly. plus we are 45 min from work. due to the weather and distance we have missed 2 days of work this week.

we also cant have anyone come look at the issues because we tried that summer with the ac. it took them 2 months to come fix it. Nobody local with do any work on any houses ran by the rental agency because they will be sued.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I would not want to be 45 minutes from work either. At one time I had a 35 minute commute and that was too much. Too much time in your car, too much gas, too much exposure to accidents, traffic and delays. Not good for your body or your life.

I hope you are able to find something that works better for your family.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

If it's a rental I'd look into other options as well. We don't have central heat or air in this rental. We got a heat pump portable unit that's adequate in most weather but we do have window acs in the bedrooms. I have an electric fireplace in my bedroom but I can't run it at the same time as the main heater in the living room.
However, paying $800/month for a 3 bedroom house where our landlord is totally relaxed and allows not only our dogs but for us to own chickens and quail in a time where most homes like this would easily be $1200+/month makes it all worth it.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I would move as well.

Best wishes.
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

If you own, it could be difficult to sell when you disclose the issues.

If you rent, then yes, I’d move too.

If you own, I’d call contractors now, before summer to give you an estimate on a new furnace and ac unit. I’d also look into increasing the duct work. If the house isn’t insulated, I’d look into having that done at the same time. Fix what you can to improve the resale value.

Good luck~
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

We turn off the heaters, use the microwave or whatever big appliance, and then turn them back on. We’re so used to it in our old house.

We’ve never had pipes bust, knock on wood, and do t have central heat or air, but our well’s pump froze, it was so cold the heat lamp couldn’t keep up so we had to put a heater down there. I also had to have our ‘driveway’ plowed, and my septic is wonky…..but I can’t beat my rent so at the end of the day it’s all good. I also love our location even if I have to drive 35 minutes to an hour one way to go to work.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic