BM is taking us back to court

Lolabearlow
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Guest wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:00 am
Lolabearlow wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:51 pm
anon 1 wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:49 pm

Every place isn't as expensive as California or where I live NY.
I've lived in several states and that's not nearly what I would find comfortable or "safe."
You must have live in high cost of living areas...
I do but I have lived in others that were much lower and I still wouldn't be ok with that.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lolabearlow wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:02 am
Lolabearlow wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:51 pm

I've lived in several states and that's not nearly what I would find comfortable or "safe."
I do but I have lived in others that were much lower and I still wouldn't be ok with that.
Luckily no one is asking you to be ok with that. Obnoxious.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

How old is your SD? If she's working, then yes, she can pay for all of her stuff.

My parents believed that if I couldn't afford it, I didn't need it. I paid for my cell phone, my truck, and my insurance. They would help me out if something happened and I needed help, but I always paid them back as much as I could. Yes, I lived with them for free during this time, so I had no other bills to pay.

Lolabearlow
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:37 am
Lolabearlow wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:02 am

Luckily no one is asking you to be ok with that. Obnoxious.
Lol
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Why is an 18yo who is working full time even a part of a child support order??

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:12 am Why is an 18yo who is working full time even a part of a child support order??
Not everyone lives in NC where CS ends at 18. Many states including VA continue CS until they are finished with college,join the military or get married
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Guest wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:28 am
MrsDavidB wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:12 am Why is an 18yo who is working full time even a part of a child support order??
Not everyone lives in NC where CS ends at 18. Many states including VA continue CS until they are finished with college,join the military or get married

You are something else. No, virginia does not continue CS through college at all. It stops at high school graduation/18. "Under present Virginia law, unless a Court incorporates an Agreement which provides otherwise, our Virginia Courts do not have authority to compel child support payments beyond the age of the child's majority; or if, on turning 18, he or she is still a full-time high school student living primarily with the custodial parent, until he or she graduates from high school or turns 19, whichever comes first (unless he or she is then physically incapable of self-support, due to handicap)."

https://www.divorcesource.com/ds/virgin ... 3836.shtml

I really hope you're not the some anon as in the rest of these replies.
rme

Unread post

All I got was since they had a kid of their own, his two kids didn't matter as much.

Why do people think that the little amount of child support ordered from either parent is enough to raise a child? Surely if the parents were still together, they'd be spending way more money. Child support is based roughly on a 1/3 of the NCP's income, which means the CP has to put out the rest regardless of how much time the NCP gets. It isn't exactly fair that the support is paid equally from both parents.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Guest wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:28 am
Ok...and it doesn't sound like this kid is doing any of those. She said the 18yo is working a 40 hour week.
silverdawn99
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I think they are old enough to care for themselves
Locked Previous topicNext topic