My son's English teacher just does not get it

mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Trolls be trolling. Man, some of y'all are so gullible.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I am a little bias. I know the struggles of how it is doing sports and school. Some teachers do not understand that some athletes do not get home until late in the evening. Later during a game. My son sometimes would not get back o school until after 9PM from a match
I would think middle and high school teachers should have the homework assignments ready at the beginning of the week for the students to complete the next week. This would help athletes, kids in other extracurriculars, with jobs, who have evening therapy sessions, with learning disabilities and those who have to switch between homes (shared custody)
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

You are full of shit and trolling, lol
It used to be this like this in the 70 and 80's but its not like that anymore and hasnt been for decades.
If the kids dont do their homework or pass tests then the idiots don't play.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:38 am My son started his junior year last week. He plays football and basketball. Since middle school he hasnt had to do homework during season. Every other teacher gets it. I know I will get bad mouthed for this. During season he gets no lower then an 80% on tests and he also never does homework.

He is a star player. I know he and his team gets special treatment.

Well this years English teacher will not budge. She isn't what you earn in her class is what you get.

On Friday she wanted a paper wriiten about what you wanted to accomplish in your junior year.

My son didnt do it of course. My son called me Friday saying he was getting a 0 unless he hands it in Monday. I emailed the teacher and told her Id be calling a meeting.

Last night I had a meeting with the teacher the principal and my son. She will not budge and the principal said he can't make her. She was a little snobby her last words were to my son was Im sorry your other teachers are failing you but I am.

For him to get a passing grade on this assignment he not only needs to do the first assignment but he also needs to write about what he likes besides sports

We started the paper last night. Instead of doing his work out this moring he needs to write this paper.

She is a very lived teacher. But she is against athletes .
Maggie
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

BS that your kid thinks he gets a pass during a season. My kid plays sports, and does band and does all of her homework. No special treatment. So I guess tell your snowflake to start doing his HW.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

4/10
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Sorry. I don't believe it. What about his standardized tests? Where do you live that sports are soooo important? I grew up in a small town in Texas where football reigns supreme. They didn't treat football players different there.
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:23 am
stilltfez wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:20 am No school would allow this. No way in heck. ALL schools/teachers/coaches stress academics for athletes. 0/10
Another person who is wrong. Many schools in my area let their athletes skip assignments or allow them to get away with anything just so they can play

I feel sorry for any child who goes to the schools near you. School and parents dropping the ball. So sad.
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

3817ct.jpg
Ledina60 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:49 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:38 am My son started his junior year last week. He plays football and basketball. Since middle school he hasnt had to do homework during season. Every other teacher gets it. I know I will get bad mouthed for this. During season he gets no lower then an 80% on tests and he also never does homework.

He is a star player. I know he and his team gets special treatment.

Well this years English teacher will not budge. She isn't what you earn in her class is what you get.

On Friday she wanted a paper wriiten about what you wanted to accomplish in your junior year.

My son didnt do it of course. My son called me Friday saying he was getting a 0 unless he hands it in Monday. I emailed the teacher and told her Id be calling a meeting.

Last night I had a meeting with the teacher the principal and my son. She will not budge and the principal said he can't make her. She was a little snobby her last words were to my son was Im sorry your other teachers are failing you but I am.

For him to get a passing grade on this assignment he not only needs to do the first assignment but he also needs to write about what he likes besides sports

We started the paper last night. Instead of doing his work out this moring he needs to write this paper.

She is a very lived teacher. But she is against athletes .
Ok
You’ve got to be trolling us.
This doesn’t happen.
Oh and- she’s a very lived teacher?
Omg, posts get more ridiculous and subnormal all the time in this group
🙄
Anonymous 10

Unread post

Conweis wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:57 am I am a little bias. I know the struggles of how it is doing sports and school. Some teachers do not understand that some athletes do not get home until late in the evening. Later during a game. My son sometimes would not get back o school until after 9PM from a match
I would think middle and high school teachers should have the homework assignments ready at the beginning of the week for the students to complete the next week. This would help athletes, kids in other extracurriculars, with jobs, who have evening therapy sessions, with learning disabilities and those who have to switch between homes (shared custody)
If your precious can't figure out time management skills he shouldn't be in extracurricular activities.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

This is new creative twist on trolling.
Locked Previous topicNext topic