You married a level 2 S*x offender how exactly did you think that was going to work

Anonymous 8

Unread post

First I have never said this before, and will more than likely never say it again. I agree with the OP.

You should be able to search S*x Offender Registry for by address. I was notified when a SO moved in a block away from me.

Unless a Judge rules that a registered S*x Offender can not be around his/her own children, the law does not protect his/her children. That would be a different ruling. A general condition of release does not apply to the offenders own children, unless the crime was committed against those children.
Anonymous2.0
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:02 pm How do you know about the dad’s S*x offender status? No one background checked me when I signed my kids up for preschool....
It’s public record where I live.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:12 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:10 pm
QuantumNursing wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:04 pm

When a S*x offender moves in the neighborhoods are notified
YDS goes to preschool with kids from 4 different towns. Clearly I don’t want my children around S*x offenders, but I’m genuinely curious how I would know.
You should be able to look up S*x offenders in your specific area.
Idk. I did when I moved into this neighborhood. Never did again. I look up who I'm dating but I can't say it occurred to me to look up someone's husband. I guess I assume most women are normal and marry normal men.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:12 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:10 pm
QuantumNursing wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:04 pm

When a S*x offender moves in the neighborhoods are notified
YDS goes to preschool with kids from 4 different towns. Clearly I don’t want my children around S*x offenders, but I’m genuinely curious how I would know.
You should be able to look up S*x offenders in your specific area.
Taking the class list and checking out each parent seems a bit extreme, no?

And they publish all of our names, addresses, phone numbers and emails in the class roster that goes out before the start of school. So I guess I don’t understand the concern about the parent knowing where you live. I would think that’s very easy information to find.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous2.0 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:36 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:02 pm How do you know about the dad’s S*x offender status? No one background checked me when I signed my kids up for preschool....
It’s public record where I live.
I get that, but I never thought to even look it up prior to opening this post. And it seems super paranoid to look up every person at my children’s school (I have a full directory, so it’s theoretically possible).
Anonymous 1

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:19 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:55 pm I can understand not wanting him around the other children, but I don’t see a reason to exclude the child from activities that the dad wouldn’t be able to attend anyway. It’s not the girl’s fault.
Because we don't want the family to have our phone numbers and addresses. No its not the girl's fault but that doesn't mean her feelings come before our children's safety
They don’t publish that information in the school directory and class rosters?
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:41 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:55 pm I can understand not wanting him around the other children, but I don’t see a reason to exclude the child from activities that the dad wouldn’t be able to attend anyway. It’s not the girl’s fault.
Because we don't want the family to have our phone numbers and addresses. No its not the girl's fault but that doesn't mean her feelings come before our children's safety
No and I have never lived in a school.district that does. And if I did that shit will still not be happening.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:43 pm

No and I have never lived in a school.district that does. And if I did that shit will still not be happening.
Is this public preschool? There is no such thing where I live unless your child is special needs.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I have lived in 5 states and none of the school districts have ever done that

I wouldn't be okay with that
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:49 pm

I have lived in 5 states and none of the school districts have ever done that

I wouldn't be okay with that
My children have only gone to private preschool (no public preschool here) and private school, and every one publishes a directory. I even have the phone numbers and addresses of all the teachers. Honestly I have no idea why it would bother anyone.
Locked Previous topicNext topic