I walked out of work because one of the managers said something rude to me

BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

MysticDreamer wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:36 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:07 pm
MysticDreamer wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:06 pm Well, were you working slow? I can't imagine your reaction to a truly rude comment.
He thinks everyone works too slow

You dont think implying that I am autistic is rude?
I have heard far worse than the autistic comment, so no I don't think it is rude. I would have said something to the man, instead of walking out. But of you were working slow enough for him to make a comment, maybe your production level wasn't where it was supposed to be, and it was time for you to go anyways. Only problem with you walking out, is you can't collect unemployment
It was an extremely offensive comment. He doesn’t know if she has members in the family who are autistic or not. He was using a disability in a derogatory way. No different than calling her retarded in a derogatory way. He just used a different disability. He should know better. This is not how supervisors should act.
Loves2sonshines
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Your reaction was as immature as their comment. Grow up.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

You’re not the brightest bulb in the marquee, aren’t you? You’re just the one that thinks it’s the brightest...
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Deleted User 172

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:43 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:07 pm

He thinks everyone works too slow

You dont think implying that I am autistic is rude?
I have heard far worse than the autistic comment, so no I don't think it is rude. I would have said something to the man, instead of walking out. But of you were working slow enough for him to make a comment, maybe your production level wasn't where it was supposed to be, and it was time for you to go anyways. Only problem with you walking out, is you can't collect unemployment
It was an extremely offensive comment. He doesn’t know if she has members in the family who are autistic or not. He was using a disability in a derogatory way. No different than calling her retarded in a derogatory way. He just used a different disability. He should know better. This is not how supervisors should act.
I agree. I don't like that comment at all. But i probably wouldn't have walked off the job. Just filed a complaint with HR. It is rude. It is derogatory. Definitely a HR violation.
My happy ass woikd have been marching straight into HRs office and filing a complaint.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Loves2sonshines wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:18 pm Your reaction was as immature as their comment. Grow up.
How exactly? What else would you suggest I do?

I have tried calling him out on it. I have reported him countless times. Just because I was unwilling to put up with his disrespect doesnt mean I am immature.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:27 pm

I agree. I don't like that comment at all. But i probably wouldn't have walked off the job. Just filed a complaint with HR. It is rude. It is derogatory. Definitely a HR violation.
My happy ass woikd have been marching straight into HRs office and filing a complaint.
HR doesnt care. I have filed so many complaints and nothing has been done.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LOL. I wonder how you would end up working for Gordon Ramsay. Crying on the floor, probably.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:35 pm
Loves2sonshines wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:18 pm Your reaction was as immature as their comment. Grow up.

I have tried calling him out on it. I have reported him countless times. Just because I was unwilling to put up with his disrespect doesnt mean I am immature.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Loves2sonshines
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Where do you work that HR completely ignores this? It's 2019 I highly doubt you're complaining and they're ignoring you. Companies are afraid of a lawsuit.
Creating a hostile work environment is a major offence . And the next time he does that, You tell him, your HR and your local
News station or hire a lawyer. What he's doing is wrong.
But since there are two sides to every story...maybe you need to pick up the pace and work harder.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:36 pm
Dylexsmommy wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:27 pm

HR doesnt care. I have filed so many complaints and nothing has been done.
Then you take it to corporate. Then you walk out.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Loves2sonshines wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:41 pm

Where do you work that HR completely ignores this? It's 2019 I highly doubt you're complaining and they're ignoring you. Companies are afraid of a lawsuit.
Creating a hostile work environment is a major offence . And the next time he does that, You tell him, your HR and your local
News station or hire a lawyer. What he's doing is wrong.
But since there are two sides to every story...maybe you need to pick up the pace and work harder.
This manager is related to the owners. He has said worst things to others even and they havent done anything. I am hoping someone sues because I honestly think that will be the only way that they will get rid of him.

I wasnt actually being slow.
Locked Previous topicNext topic