Yummy Yum Yum

Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:02 pm I don't know any country boys/ rednecks that would eat that nastiness. LOL
Victoriousmom wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:59 pm
mcginnisc wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:48 pm Yuck...there is nothing good about that critter, but I'm biased after having one lunge at me when I walked out of my back door one day. My dog hates them too..she tries to kill every one that comes into the yard after seeing it try to attack me.
This one was about 12 feet away from me. I told my son that he should kill and eat since his favorite song is...

And ALL Country boys eat opossum.
He didn't seem interested as he chowed down his burnt ends. I assured him that I could make burnt ends with opossum as long as he gutted and skinned it. Shrugs* I guess we'll have ramen tomorrow.
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

That’s the only animal my pitty will straight up maul to death. And she gets lots of praise and treats for it. They are chicken killers, I have chickens.

Luckily we seem to have far fewer up north than we did when I lived in the south. Haven’t had much of an issue since we moved.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:48 pm Yuck...there is nothing good about that critter, but I'm biased after having one lunge at me when I walked out of my back door one day. My dog hates them too..she tries to kill every one that comes into the yard after seeing it try to attack me.
They are practically immune to rabies, eat thousands of ticks a year, and are very important to the environment. There's a lot good about them.
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

SolidlyAverage wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:07 pm That’s the only animal my pitty will straight up maul to death. And she gets lots of praise and treats for it. They are chicken killers, I have chickens.

Luckily we seem to have far fewer up north than we did when I lived in the south. Haven’t had much of an issue since we moved.
I have chickens too!
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

Victoriousmom wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:12 pm
SolidlyAverage wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:07 pm That’s the only animal my pitty will straight up maul to death. And she gets lots of praise and treats for it. They are chicken killers, I have chickens.

I have chickens too!
Make sure they’re secure. Those fuckers love to kill chickens. They just ripped the heads off mine and left them.
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:10 pm
They are practically immune to rabies, eat thousands of ticks a year, and are very important to the environment. There's a lot good about them.
I didn't know that.
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

SolidlyAverage wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:13 pm

I have chickens too!
Make sure they’re secure. Those fuckers love to kill chickens. They just ripped the heads off mine and left them.
They are but that's why I watching him, to see where he was going. I throw scraps out for the squirrels mostly, tonight he was eating stale chips we dumped.
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

SolidlyAverage wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:13 pm

I have chickens too!
Would you be interested in joining a Coop Group on here?
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

Chickens are 100% immune to rabies and also eat ticks. Plus they give me breakfast. I’ll take those over opossums, who can carry and transmit tularemia, toxoplasmosis, leptospirosis, tuberculosis, spotted fever, etc.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

SolidlyAverage wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:19 pm
Chickens are 100% immune to rabies and also eat ticks. Plus they give me breakfast. I’ll take those over opossums, who can carry and transmit tularemia, toxoplasmosis, leptospirosis, tuberculosis, spotted fever, etc.

All that plus chickens don't have razor sharp teeth to hurt pets and people with.
Locked Previous topicNext topic