Enter The Robbing Contest For A Chance To Win A Gift Card! viewtopic.php?f=77&t=22075&p=519197#p519197

How Hitler Could Have Never Been

This group is for things that have happened in history, no current political topics allowed. If the president is still alive today, don’t bring him up here.
Forum rules
NO current events or politics. If the president is alive right now, don’t bring him up here

NO personal attacks at all. No petty kindergarten attacks, no he said/she said arguing, etc. Discuss things like mothers and not like children.

Link Sources if you post a quote to an article. Quotes can ONLY be short paragraphs.

Label it a fact or theory

NO CONSERVATIVE VS LIBERAL ARGUMENTS

We all know about the democrat/republican switch. No need to argue about it.
morgan
Regent
Regent

Unread post Tue May 28, 2019 6:22 pm

I did not know this!

Did you?

Max Tremmel, a priest and famous European organists says his predecessor Johann Kuehberger was the man who saved the little boy from drowning, when they were both children. Father Tremmel said, just before he passed away in 1980, how Father Kuehberger was a child just like Adolf Hitler, when he saw the boy struggling in the icy waters of the River Inn and jumped right in to save him.
(snip)
After analyzing the newspaper article and hearing the opinion of historians across the world, the little boy is believed to have been Adolf Hitler, who was plucked from an icy River Inn in Passau, Germany, in January 1894

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/war-ar ... river.html
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post Fri May 31, 2019 12:25 am

I remember hearing this. Right around the same time people where debating if they could time travel would you kill Hitler's as a baby. I remember my very liberal friends thought it was strange I wouldn't even though it would save millions of lives. I just couldn't ever see myself killing a baby. But I'd forgotten all about that.

Didn't he almost die in WWI as well?
The only safe ship in a storm is Leadership. - Faye Wattleton
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post Fri May 31, 2019 8:38 am

No but he was injured twice, he was shot in the leg and temporarily went blind during an attack with mustard gas.
KnotaDinghy wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 12:25 am
I remember hearing this. Right around the same time people where debating if they could time travel would you kill Hitler's as a baby. I remember my very liberal friends thought it was strange I wouldn't even though it would save millions of lives. I just couldn't ever see myself killing a baby. But I'd forgotten all about that.

Didn't he almost die in WWI as well?
🤓The Admin 🤓
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post Fri May 31, 2019 8:58 am

Hitler was almost arrested before his dictatorship really began during the Beer Hall Putsch. Hitler was in a beer hall while someone else on their side was holding a speech, he then told a bunch of men that it was the beginning of a revolution and convinced them to go to Munich to start shooting at the police. He fled the scene while his friends were arrested. Somehow, letting his friends take the fall and running like a coward made him a hero to the German right wing nationalists.

If he’d been arrested either a. he wouldn’t have been able to rise to power, or b. someone else would have taken his spot and he’d possibly be seen as a martyr.

In any case, the country was angry after WW1. People were blaming each other and the country was being split. If he hadn’t joined the German Workers Party and just continued on as a painter, someone else most likely would have taken his spot. They might not have been as bad or they could have been worse, someone else could have won because Hitler made a lot of arrogant mistakes that cost him battles and ultimately the war.

I think these arguments don’t take into account the atmosphere during WW1 Germany. If you killed Hitler as a baby or if he would have drowned as a child, someone still would have been angry enough to try to do what he did by separating the nationals from the “traitors.”
🤓The Admin 🤓
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:02 pm

12skipafew wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 8:58 am
Hitler was almost arrested before his dictatorship really began during the Beer Hall Putsch. Hitler was in a beer hall while someone else on their side was holding a speech, he then told a bunch of men that it was the beginning of a revolution and convinced them to go to Munich to start shooting at the police. He fled the scene while his friends were arrested. Somehow, letting his friends take the fall and running like a coward made him a hero to the German right wing nationalists.

If he’d been arrested either a. he wouldn’t have been able to rise to power, or b. someone else would have taken his spot and he’d possibly be seen as a martyr.

In any case, the country was angry after WW1. People were blaming each other and the country was being split. If he hadn’t joined the German Workers Party and just continued on as a painter, someone else most likely would have taken his spot. They might not have been as bad or they could have been worse, someone else could have won because Hitler made a lot of arrogant mistakes that cost him battles and ultimately the war.

I think these arguments don’t take into account the atmosphere during WW1 Germany. If you killed Hitler as a baby or if he would have drowned as a child, someone still would have been angry enough to try to do what he did by separating the nationals from the “traitors.”
He WAS arrsted for the Beer Hall Putsch 2 days after it and charged with Treason. He was sentenced to 5 years but only served 9 months
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:10 pm

Yea, you're right. I don't know why I thought he wasn't arrested for that.
QuantumNursing wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:02 pm
12skipafew wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 8:58 am

He WAS arrsted for the Beer Hall Putsch 2 days after it and charged with Treason. He was sentenced to 5 years but only served 9 months
🤓The Admin 🤓
Momto2boys973
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:58 am

I’ve always been a believer in the “things happen for a reason” idea. It’s very humbling to see that’s if a person had just made a tiny different choice at some moment or if someone stands just a few inches more to one side or arrives just 5 minutes later that something like WWII, one of the most horrible periods of human history would’ve never happened.

There’s a good series from Spain on Netflix, called “El Ministerio del Tiempo” (The Ministry of Time). It’s about a secret government agency in Spain that travels through time fixing events that others try to change. You see what tiny, little things could change the course of history.
madfoodie
Regent
Regent

Unread post Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:38 am

Hitler also almost died when he was a soldier.
i want candy!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Historical Facts and Theories”