What do You do ..

hugs
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Lotus wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:31 am
hugs wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:23 am
Lotus wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:56 am Talent acquisition:
I am a recruiter. I do mid-senior level executive retained search work. In a nutshell, companies pay me to help them attract and hire top talent.

Probably why I'm, not a D*ck on here. I have to be partial and balanced when dealing with human capital. LOL.
LOL .. it's a good thing then ..
Do you enjoy your job?

I do enjoy it. It eventually evolved into a home office position and me making my own hours.
I am fortunate enough to have a couple really good clients in that they pay every month and on time, they are fair and respectful of me and my time, and they are ethical companies to represent. I enjoy meeting people and presenting them with opportunities to change and improve their lives. Although my allegiance is to the employers I spend months working with these candidates so when they do not get a job offer it really hearts to have to call and tell them that. That is something I really struggle with.

Unfortunately, I divorce very late in life. I shouldered the raising 3 children and putting them through school on my own so retirement is not happening at 60 for me.
While that is too bad on the not retiring at 60 .. seems many do not,
And the fact that you enjoy your work makes it even niver I would think.
The fact of you taking care of your kids is a major bonus.
Congrats to you on all you have done & continue to do :)
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

hugs wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:10 am
hugs wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:23 am

LOL .. it's a good thing then ..
Do you enjoy your job?

I do enjoy it. It eventually evolved into a home office position and me making my own hours.
I am fortunate enough to have a couple really good clients in that they pay every month and on time, they are fair and respectful of me and my time, and they are ethical companies to represent. I enjoy meeting people and presenting them with opportunities to change and improve their lives. Although my allegiance is to the employers I spend months working with these candidates so when they do not get a job offer it really hearts to have to call and tell them that. That is something I really struggle with.

Unfortunately, I divorce very late in life. I shouldered the raising 3 children and putting them through school on my own so retirement is not happening at 60 for me.
And the fact that you enjoy your work makes it even niver I would think.
Thank you very much for such kind words.
My last just graduated in Dec and is employed with FIAT Chrysler.
I can now focus on putting money away. I do have a lovely life and am beyond grateful regardless. Things always work out for me and I will continue to believe that this one area of my life will also work out (by being proactive and productive).
hugs
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Lotus wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:36 am
hugs wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:10 am

And the fact that you enjoy your work makes it even nicer I would think.
Thank you very much for such kind words.
My last just graduated in Dec and is employed with FIAT Chrysler.
I can now focus on putting money away. I do have a lovely life and am beyond grateful regardless. Things always work out for me and I will continue to believe that this one area of my life will also work out (by being proactive and productive).
It's your time now .. enjoy :)
Mac
Lady in Waiting
Lady in Waiting

Unread post

Retired and sometimes tutor.
hugs
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Mac wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:12 pm Retired and sometimes tutor.
what do you tutor?
Mac
Lady in Waiting
Lady in Waiting

Unread post

hugs wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:13 pm
what do you tutor?
Undergrads. Right now, Sociology and Psychology. Intro courses.
hugs
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Mac wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:24 pm
hugs wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:13 pm
what do you tutor?
Undergrads. Right now, Sociology and Psychology. Intro courses.
That sounds terrifici :)
Locked Previous topicNext topic