I need some input on moving

Mom Talk is a group for moms to come for advice and should be looked at as a more supportive community than Mom Confessions. Those who aren’t here for drama but want to connect with other moms or have questions about parenting can hang out here.
Lovehurts
Lady in Waiting
Lady in Waiting

Unread post

I have lived around the Dallas area my entire life. We are desperately trying to move far away from this area. But we have no idea where.

First, I don't want to live in a large city. I like suburb areas. We are a mixed family, meaning my husband is Hispanic. One of my concerns is with that. Being from this area there are some smaller towns who are not very diverse nor are they friendly in that aspect. I'm looking for a smaller town that is family oriented. They have family events, parks trails etc. I don't want to move in a clickish town, yet another issue with small towns here. And of course I'm looking for good schools. I've searched for these things on my own and found some suggestions. But I'm looking for people's opinion, not some list on a website. So if anyone has any idea of whAt I might be looking for, that would be very helpful!

Also what are your thoughts on places like Blanco or Fredericksburg, if anyone has been there?
mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I've never lived in Fredericksburg so I can't tell you how open and accepting the people there are OR what their schools are like. But it's absolutely beautiful and you'd be close to the river. Also, wineries.

I live in Cypress, which is a suburb of Houston. I personally love it. The schools are some of the best in the state. It's diverse. It's technically not the city, it's the suburbs, but it might be too close to Houston for you. 290 is almost finished, though, so the traffic is going to greatly improve.

I would love to live in the Hill Country or the South Texas Plains. I'd also love to live in The Heights.
mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Tomball is also a great area with good schools but I don't think it's very diverse.

You don't want to be too close to New Braunfels or San Marcos- too college town-ish.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Look into Temple, TX.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple,_Texas

The racial makeup of the city was 68.1% White, 23.7% Hispanic or Latino, 16.9% African American, 0.6% Native American, 2.1% Asian, 0.1% Pacific Islander, and 3.3% from two or more races.

Quoted from wikipedia ^^^
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We're up in the hill country and to be honest, while it's pretty, I don't like where I am. My neighborhood is pretty full of crap, and we've put up with enough nonsense that we're looking to move in about a year.
Locked Previous topicNext topic