UCLA anti-Israel protesters ask supporters for vegan and gluten-free food, zip ties, shields and EpiPens

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anti-Israel protesters who have set up an encampment on the campus of the University of California, Los Angeles are asking supporters to donate various items to help them sustain their acts of disobedience, including vegan food, gas masks and EpiPens.

A Google document posted online by Students for Justice in Palestine at UCLA shows a list of much-needed items wanted by the protesters at the so-called UCLA Palestine Solidarity Encampment.

"We will not leave. We will remain here until our demands are met," the group said in a statement.

The list includes airsoft goggles, knee and elbow pads, utility gloves - without reinforced knuckles – bright flashlights with strobe, rope, zip ties, skater helmets, shields, wood to construct a barrier and non-steroid inhalers.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/ucla-anti-is ... ds-epipens
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:43 pm
Anti-Israel protesters who have set up an encampment on the campus of the University of California, Los Angeles are asking supporters to donate various items to help them sustain their acts of disobedience, including vegan food, gas masks and EpiPens.

A Google document posted online by Students for Justice in Palestine at UCLA shows a list of much-needed items wanted by the protesters at the so-called UCLA Palestine Solidarity Encampment.

"We will not leave. We will remain here until our demands are met," the group said in a statement.

The list includes airsoft goggles, knee and elbow pads, utility gloves - without reinforced knuckles – bright flashlights with strobe, rope, zip ties, skater helmets, shields, wood to construct a barrier and non-steroid inhalers.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/ucla-anti-is ... ds-epipens
Are those requests unreasonable?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

The rope and zip ties are for WHAT, exactly?

You plan to camp somewhere, arent you supposed to bring your own supplies?

We do when we camp though we've never occupied a space that isn't designed for camping, either.

Have these little darlins considered a GoFund Me account? 🧐
just an old coot 😉🌵
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I need to know what they could possibly need zip ties for…

I’ve been camping hundreds of times… never brought zip ties.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I do love that one kid though that thinks “humanitarian aid” means delivering Taco Bell to them instead of having to walk down to the campus cafeteria…
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:11 pm I do love that one kid though that thinks “humanitarian aid” means delivering Taco Bell to them instead of having to walk down to the campus cafeteria…
She was a professor!
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:11 pm I do love that one kid though that thinks “humanitarian aid” means delivering Taco Bell to them instead of having to walk down to the campus cafeteria…
https://www.instagram.com/mosheh/reel/C6ZvuL3xNN_/
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:27 pm
She was a professor!
Was she really?!? Oh God… I was totally giving her the benefit of the doubt.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:28 pm
Lol, die of dehydration and starvation…

Go home then.

The university has set up a lovely cafeteria for them… they’re not obligated to deliver food to them as they commit felonies.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:42 pm
Lexy wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:28 pm
Lol, die of dehydration and starvation…

Go home then.

The university has set up a lovely cafeteria for them… they’re not obligated to deliver food to them as they commit felonies.
The protesters are asking those who support their political stance to aid them in their effort to stay in the encampments. They aren't asking the university for these things.

Agree or disagree about their reasons for protesting and occupying the space, but no need to conflate the "demands" for the university to divest from what they see as genocide, and their requests for supplies from their supporters.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic