What is Israel’s role in the end times?

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:18 am
Slimshandy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:17 am
Della wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:08 am

Why is that important?
How am I going to say if I agree with your interpretation if I don’t know what it is?
This is from GotQuestions. It's their interpretation.
Their interpretation is that this is not the end times… that I would agree with.

The bits of scripture are not an interpretation, it’s a reference.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 am
Slimshandy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:17 am

How am I going to say if I agree with your interpretation if I don’t know what it is?
Their interpretation is that this is not the end times… that I would agree with.

They take various one liners (chapter and verse/s) and create an outcome from it. It's their interpretation.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:52 am
Slimshandy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 am

They take various one liners (chapter and verse/s) and create an outcome from it. It's their interpretation.
The various one liners aren’t adding up to a singular narrative.

For starters, it doesn’t say anywhere in the Bible that “Jews will accept Jesus as savior”. Even in the scriptures they provide to suggest it…

So no, I don’t think adding up one liners can constitute a proper interpretation.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

What Israel’s role in the “end of times” in Christianity depends on your eschatological views. Got Questions ministry is a conservative evangelical nondenominational (I read that as reformed Baptist) parachurch ministry. They have a premillennial dispensational view on eschatology, so that needs to be considered when reading their views on “the end times”.

https://www.gotquestions.org/Eschatology.html

More charismatic/pentecostal Christians, such as Sean Feucht, who believe the world is in “the end times” now or are always predicting “the end times.”
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mommy_jules wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:53 pm What Israel’s role in the “end of times” in Christianity depends on your eschatological views. Got Questions ministry is a conservative evangelical nondenominational (I read that as reformed Baptist) parachurch ministry. They have a premillennial dispensational view on eschatology, so that needs to be considered when reading their views on “the end times”.

https://www.gotquestions.org/Eschatology.html

More charismatic/pentecostal Christians, such as Sean Feucht, who believe the world is in “the end times” now or are always predicting “the end times.”

MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

So very tired of people believing they are preparing for the "end times" and acting in irrational and irresponsible ways as a result.

None of us know if or when there will be an "end time" and many citizens of the planet do not subscribe to doomsday beliefs. Yet we are all impacted by the failure of many to care about the future of our ecosystem, the cruelty of wealth inequality and the rejection of scientific rational thinking.
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Della wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:58 pm "However, the Bible does say there will be terrible conflict in Israel during the end times"
I'm surprised they didn't reference Obadiah and Micah.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/gog-and-magog/

The final conflict is the war of Gog and Magog. Some do believe we’re seeing the beginning of it right now.
Aletheia wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:46 pm
Della wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:58 pm "However, the Bible does say there will be terrible conflict in Israel during the end times"
I'm surprised they didn't reference Obadiah and Micah.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic