'Bachelor' alum Bekah Martinez bares unshaven legs to a red carpet event: 'It was a big deal for me'

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

More power to her. I’m not that brave.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Mommy_jules wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:52 pm More power to her. I’m not that brave.
Eh. She's picking and choosing. She's not shaving her legs but she sure is spending time on the eyebrows. She's got flawless make up, hair done professionally.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I just don't get the big deal people make about shaving your legs or underarms. To each her own.

I have zero interest in policing other women's bodies, telling them what is or is not attractive, or insisting certain cultural practices are required in order to be "feminine."
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I've never been a really hairy person. I had hairy legs/shins, below my knees when I was in second or third grade, and an older student made a comment about them that really gave me a complex. I barely had any hair under my arms until I was close to 30, and it still doesn't really grow.

Now my daughters and my niece...totally different story. They are HAIRY, lol. The niece and youngest daughter don't give a flying fig what anyone thinks about their "hairyness". They say it's genetic from their father and grandfather. They were/are fuzzy!

It's their business, it's natural. And while it may not be attractive to some, others don't care.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don’t shave my legs, I have like a whole 15 hairs that grow on my legs so I just pluck them, lol. I’m really a to each their own type person. I don’t care if someone wears make up or not, sports perfectly coiffed hair or messy bun, wears yoga pants or a dress. So I say more power to her. BUT I do find it amusingly perplexing when someone, for example, Wendy Williams, talks about loving oneself as they are, yet has done so much to alter their natural appearance.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:50 pm
Mommy_jules wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:52 pm More power to her. I’m not that brave.
Eh. She's picking and choosing. She's not shaving her legs but she sure is spending time on the eyebrows. She's got flawless make up, hair done professionally.
Doesn’t everyone pick and choose? 🤷‍♀️
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

She is a pretty girl!! Hairy legs or not!
Maggie
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Seems more like a social media attention grabber than a statement of true self love.
Locked Previous topicNext topic