Sarah Silverman Reveals She Got Dropped From Movie Due to Old Blackface Sketch

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

During a recent interview on Bill Simmons' podcast, Sarah Silverman said that she was dropped from an upcoming film because of a 2007 episode of her Comedy Central show The Sarah Silverman Program in which she wore blackface.

"I recently was going to do two days on a movie, a sweet part in a cool little movie, then at 11 p.m. the night before they fired me because they saw a picture of me in blackface from that episode," Silverman revealed to Simmons. "So they hired someone else who's wonderful but who's never stuck her neck out."

She added that she didn't fight her firing, but also stated that "it was so disheartening, it just made me real, real sad because I've kind of devoted my life to making it right."
https://www.complex.com/pop-culture/201 ... ium=social
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I remember episodes on shows of people getting made up as someone of the opposite S*x or a different race and showing the difference in how they were treated. Today it is racist.
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

Sometimes people get what they deserve.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

iamanon wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:15 am Sometimes people get what they deserve.
I find it ridiculous but also interesting when people like Silverman is put in their place and find they are not above being called racist. Now days if you are white you are racist.
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:26 am
iamanon wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:15 am Sometimes people get what they deserve.
I find it ridiculous but also interesting when people like Silverman is put in their place and find they are not above being called racist. Now days if you are white you are racist.
I agree. It's the left continuing to eat their own. Its is hysterical to watch and read. I suspect it will only get more entertaining as we move closer and closer to the election.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Was Archie Bunker racist? How about George Jefferson?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:32 am Was Archie Bunker racist? How about George Jefferson?
Jefferson wouldn’t have been looked at as racist.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I’m sure she has been first in line condemning others that have said or done what’s now considered racist ages ago.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

although I think sarah silverman deserves this for being a hysterical anti-trump SJW, (remember when she thought utility markings were swastikas a couple of years ago because "this is trump's america"?) its still really dumb.

the joke in the sketch was that black face IS OFFENSIVE, the punchline being that sarah silverman's character was very naive. every joke on the show was based on her being very immature and naive. its was only funny because her character didnt "get" that it was offensive. c'mon. in the episode her and a black guy debate who had it harder, Jews (herself) or black people (him), so they "switch places". she dressed in blackface and he dressed as a stereotypical orthodox Jew. black face was considered taboo and offensive in 2007 when this was made. the only thing that changed is people being outraged by everything. in 2007 people felt comedy didnt have to follow the same social rules as society, no topic was off the table, it depended on the context. there is no more room for context, there is no nuance in entertainment anymore.

dave chappell's show featured MANY racial stereotypes, and "white face". he also did a sketch where he, a black guy was a blind KKK member. the context mattered, obviously dave chappell isnt a KKK supporter and neither was sarah silverman racist 🙄
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:50 am
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:32 am Was Archie Bunker racist? How about George Jefferson?
Jefferson wouldn’t have been looked at as racist.
At the time?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Locked Previous topicNext topic