O'Rourke visits Arkansas gun show after releasing gun control platform

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:47 pm
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:37 pm
Ledina60 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:18 pm

I NEVER said I was afraid of guns.
It appears that you’re so desperate to defend your biased point of view that you will LIE!
You’re the one whining and always angry- you read a post , an article, any neutral comment, if it’s mine, you go off the rails ! You’re the one who needs to calm down.
This will be the last time I reply to you.
From now on, you don’t exist,
I believe you should perhaps re-read quite a number of your past replies.
I never said I was afraid of guns.
Never.
But it’s very apparent that many people buy guns because they’re afraid of people!
I’m not!
Your words have said a great deal about how you feel about guns. Only police, military, and hunters.

I have never bought a gun because of being "afraid" of people, but I would damn sure use one if someone is trying to hurt us, and I'd be willing to bet you'd do the same to protect your loved ones. My brothers grandmother was almost 80 years old when someone broke in her home, raped her, and beat her within an inch of her life. She lost sight in one eye because of it. She didn't live in the "ghetto" and she didn't live in the "boondocks".
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:01 pm
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:40 pm
DSamuels wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:09 pm

Wow! You really have a vivid imagination! And yes, there are people who want to get rid of all guns. Some on CM and here have admitted it. You have admitted that you are afraid of guns and don’t want to learn anything about them.

Don’t you think calling all gun owners fearful, cowards, weak and needy among other adjectives is a bit snarky, uninformed and narrow minded? You don’t even try to hide the way you disapprove and look down on anyone who owns a gun, except to hunt once a year.

Keep the personal attacks coming sweetheart. It just shows everyone your real feelings. You sound so angry all the time. I feel sorry for you.
Serious question, do you come here for her replies?
She is not the only person I quote or reply to, that would be a no.
Idk, maybe it's just me, but it seems as though you, and others, put a lot of focus on her replies.
306/232

DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:33 pm
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:40 pm

Serious question, do you come here for her replies?
Idk, maybe it's just me, but it seems as though you, and others, put a lot of focus on her replies.
Meh, the hypocrisy, lying, name calling and outrageous claims she makes are hard to pass by sometimes. Ignoring behavior like that because “that’s just how she is” is condoning it. She actually acts a lot like Trump if you think about it.

This is all I am saying since it is off topic, but you asked.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Deleted User 276

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:15 pm
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:37 pm

I believe you should perhaps re-read quite a number of your past replies.
Never.
But it’s very apparent that many people buy guns because they’re afraid of people!
I’m not!
Your words have said a great deal about how you feel about guns. Only police, military, and hunters.

I have never bought a gun because of being "afraid" of people, but I would damn sure use one if someone is trying to hurt us, and I'd be willing to bet you'd do the same to protect your loved ones. My brothers grandmother was almost 80 years old when someone broke in her home, raped her, and beat her within an inch of her life. She lost sight in one eye because of it. She didn't live in the "ghetto" and she didn't live in the "boondocks".
I have no problem with people owning guns for protection. Just had a conversation today with a friend who is 62, live alone, and is contemplating buying a gun. I live a rural hunting community and just about every farmer I know has a gun to protect their livestock or put them down if needed. I would guess that half the vendors at the market on Saturdays are concealed carrying and that actually gives me comfort as I know and completely trust these men and women and sometimes tourists get drunk and aggressive. I just wish every gun owner would weigh the "need" compared with the risks and take appropriate precautions. I am afraid of these young men I see open carrying who seem to only do so to intimidate (not many in my country but certainly in the next county over). When I see one, I know they're not local, they're not a farmer, and there is no way to tell if they're a "good guy" or a "bad guy".

We will never have a gun in our house as my husband has PTSD and depression and the risk to suicide is far greater than the risk of being unarmed in our county. We do leave our house unlocked and keys in our cars so risk is low. I wish that husbands and wives could "red flag" partners/spouses so that they couldn't purchase guns but honestly, deputies are not going to come into your home, even with flags, and confiscate your guns. It's too dangerous. I wish that parents would take into consideration when they have children (even teens) and secure their guns - we've lost kids in this county to accidental shootings. I wish hunters would take more precautions - we've lost them to hunting accidents. And I wish that roommates could stipulate no guns on a lease - mass shooting last year where an entire house taken out by a disturbed guy with a gun. Frankly, every gun death in our county for the past three years has been with the person's own gun or a gun owned by someone in their home.

High capacity is a whole 'nother ball game. I hate to enter into the conversation with my thoughts because I'm always corrected on terminology and told I don't know what I'm talking about. But I do know that 100 rounds in a drum chamber is stupid and dangerous and unnecessary. Personally, I like the way some European countries regulate guns where you get a specific license for use of the gun (personal protection, hunting, target shooting, etc.). But again, at this time, deputies aren't going to risk their lives (and it's a tremendous risk) to take people's guns away and our communities are saturated so it's hard to see how substantial changes could be make.

Just my two cents!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:53 pm

Meh, the hypocrisy, lying, name calling and outrageous claims she makes are hard to pass by sometimes. Ignoring behavior like that because “that’s just how she is” is condoning it. She actually acts a lot like Trump if you think about it.

I understand. It's exasperating sometimes. I remember what she said about your grands. But it would also be great if we could have more discussion than all this back and forth that clutters up the board, kwim.
306/232

12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I’m going to unlock this. Stick to the topic and start ignoring each other if insults are being tossed around.
🤓The Admin 🤓
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:22 pm

I understand. It's exasperating sometimes. I remember what she said about your grands. But it would also be great if we could have more discussion than all this back and forth that clutters up the board, kwim.
I know nothing about “grands “.
Let’s stick to the topic now and stop personally attacking people who don’t want to vote Republican.
Stay on topic.’
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Please read what I typed above

“Stick to the topic and start ignoring each other if insults are being tossed around.“
Ledina60 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:38 pm
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:22 pm

I know nothing about “grands “.
Let’s stick to the topic now and stop personally attacking people who don’t want to vote Republican.
Stay on topic.’
🤓The Admin 🤓
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:12 pm
Never.
I’m not!

I have no problem with people owning guns for protection. Just had a conversation today with a friend who is 62, live alone, and is contemplating buying a gun. I live a rural hunting community and just about every farmer I know has a gun to protect their livestock or put them down if needed. I would guess that half the vendors at the market on Saturdays are concealed carrying and that actually gives me comfort as I know and completely trust these men and women and sometimes tourists get drunk and aggressive. I just wish every gun owner would weigh the "need" compared with the risks and take appropriate precautions. I am afraid of these young men I see open carrying who seem to only do so to intimidate (not many in my country but certainly in the next county over). When I see one, I know they're not local, they're not a farmer, and there is no way to tell if they're a "good guy" or a "bad guy".

We will never have a gun in our house as my husband has PTSD and depression and the risk to suicide is far greater than the risk of being unarmed in our county. We do leave our house unlocked and keys in our cars so risk is low. I wish that husbands and wives could "red flag" partners/spouses so that they couldn't purchase guns but honestly, deputies are not going to come into your home, even with flags, and confiscate your guns. It's too dangerous. I wish that parents would take into consideration when they have children (even teens) and secure their guns - we've lost kids in this county to accidental shootings. I wish hunters would take more precautions - we've lost them to hunting accidents. And I wish that roommates could stipulate no guns on a lease - mass shooting last year where an entire house taken out by a disturbed guy with a gun. Frankly, every gun death in our county for the past three years has been with the person's own gun or a gun owned by someone in their home.

High capacity is a whole 'nother ball game. I hate to enter into the conversation with my thoughts because I'm always corrected on terminology and told I don't know what I'm talking about. But I do know that 100 rounds in a drum chamber is stupid and dangerous and unnecessary. Personally, I like the way some European countries regulate guns where you get a specific license for use of the gun (personal protection, hunting, target shooting, etc.). But again, at this time, deputies aren't going to risk their lives (and it's a tremendous risk) to take people's guns away and our communities are saturated so it's hard to see how substantial changes could be make.

Just my two cents!
Those two cents are awesome.

Ill be back later.
306/232

Deleted User 1344

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:12 pm
Never.
I’m not!

Just my two cents!
Excellent! You always make sense.
Thank you.
Locked Previous topicNext topic