O'Rourke visits Arkansas gun show after releasing gun control platform

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:23 pm
Lexy wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:57 am Good on him for going there to talk to REAL gun owners. Although, any candidate that wants to try and sway voters to the left won't do it by banning "assault weapons"
Issues like Universal Background checks and limits on high-capacity semi-automatic rifles effect more than just gun owners. They effect every American who ventures out of their home to stores, festivals, malls, theaters and concerts. They effect every family who sends a child to school. They effect every family that visits a church or synagog.

There is no "right" and "left" during mass shootings. Nor do those labels shield your children from bullets.

I don't know what a "REAL gun owner" is supposed to mean. But we come from families with traditions of ownership and hunting, and we support reform measures.
Excellent. I agree.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

People keep blaming shootings on mental illness or they bring up shootings in Chicago as inevitable, not preventable, and think those are reasons why there is no reason to strictly enforce gun laws( 100% background checks, for example )
But here’s another of many examples why average people will cause preventable shootings:
Child shot and killed in Heron Lake home
-
KSTP channel 5 in Minneapolis,MN

It appear to be accidental , due to negligence.
But let’s think about how and why this happens. And how it can be prevented.
And let’s be more honest and about the fact that the laws we have now are being ignored.
So much negligence.
And don’t forget the many cases of groups with hostile members who brag about their ability to shoot “ enemies” . They do.
And violence in marriage or relationships - some arguments become violent and with a gun in the home it can be deadly,
There’s more too- I’ll just leave this here.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:13 pm
Lemons wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:45 pm
Lexy wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:57 am Good on him for going there to talk to REAL gun owners. Although, any candidate that wants to try and sway voters to the left won't do it by banning "assault weapons"
So when we talk about drug reform should politicians only talk to the REAL drug users? Or get everyone's opinion?
12 year old killed a man and a dog by accident with a car. Her father is being charged with criminal negligence and endangerment of a child. I wonder what the charges would be if it was his gun.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/12yearold ... an-and-dog

And look at this ridiculous outcome.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/florida/c ... nslaughter
I imagine it would be the same charges, wouldn't it?
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:28 pm People keep blaming shootings on mental illness or they bring up shootings in Chicago as inevitable, not preventable, and think those are reasons why there is no reason to strictly enforce gun laws( 100% background checks, for example )
But here’s another of many examples why average people will cause preventable shootings:
-

And let’s be more honest and about the fact that the laws we have now are being ignored.
So much negligence.
And don’t forget the many cases of groups with hostile members who brag about their ability to shoot “ enemies” . They do.
And violence in marriage or relationships - some arguments become violent and with a gun in the home it can be deadly,
Chicago has about the strictest gun laws in the country. Why don't you check out what our weekend shooting numbers are.

Yes, gun laws are being ignored. "So much negligence".
By all means - pass more gun laws. That's the answer. Because criminals ALWAYS obey the law.

Again, we need to address what's changed in society these last 15 years. Guns have been available for hundreds of years. Your car can be turned into a weapon. So can your cell phone. Guns are not standing up and firing themselves. This is a society problem - not an inanimate object problem.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:41 pm
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:13 pm
Lemons wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:45 pm

So when we talk about drug reform should politicians only talk to the REAL drug users? Or get everyone's opinion?
12 year old killed a man and a dog by accident with a car. Her father is being charged with criminal negligence and endangerment of a child. I wonder what the charges would be if it was his gun.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/12yearold ... an-and-dog

And look at this ridiculous outcome.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/florida/c ... nslaughter
I imagine it would be the same charges, wouldn't it?
The girl isn't being charged for killing a man and a dog, but her father is being charged with felonies.

The boys dad after leaving unsecured weapons out was charged with what? https://www.news4jax.com/news/florida/c ... ing-friend

This is some really messed up way of doing things. What will we think when a young man drives a van through a crowd of people, killing many?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:47 pm
Ledina60 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:28 pm People keep blaming shootings on mental illness or they bring up shootings in Chicago as inevitable, not preventable, and think those are reasons why there is no reason to strictly enforce gun laws( 100% background checks, for example )
-

So much negligence.
Chicago has about the strictest gun laws in the country. Why don't you check out what our weekend shooting numbers are.

By all means - pass more gun laws. That's the answer. Because criminals ALWAYS obey the law.

Again, we need to address what's changed in society these last 15 years. Guns have been available for hundreds of years. Your car can be turned into a weapon. So can your cell phone. Guns are not standing up and firing themselves. This is a society problem - not an inanimate object problem.
So lame.
Laws are not being enforced and the same old excuses are being used.
It is a GUN problem.
Sure, hunting is a tradition. Once a year most men in my state hunt for ducks , deer. Fine.
But people who need a gun and feel uncomfortable and afraid without one are way too common. It’s so unecessary to own one other than for hunting. Personally, I don’t respect or admire people who own hand guns or semi automatic weapons and feel that they NEED them. I feel that they are weak. They’re the ones who accidentally shoot family members or forget to lock their unloaded weapons away from kids. Or, a guy gets angry and shoots an old boss at their former place of employment. Or a guy who thinks someone has stolen his girl friend .

Guns are so extremely efficient- they kill dozens of people. Knives might kill one or two before someone grabs that person and stops them . A car will possibly run over one or two people .
Guns are romanticized as a manly object to carry. I’d run away from a guy like that.🤢
To sum up — guns are fine for police, military or hunters.
Otherwise- ewww.no.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

-

So much negligence.
Chicago has about the strictest gun laws in the country. Why don't you check out what our weekend shooting numbers are.app.php/ultimatepoints?mode=lottery

A waiter in France just got shot by a customer because the order was too slow. France has one of the strictest gun laws in Europe, yet in that country only the criminals have the guns. How odd?
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:02 pm
-

So much negligence.

So lame.
It is a GUN problem.
Sure, hunting is a tradition. Once a year most men in my state hunt for ducks , deer. Fine.
But people who need a gun and feel uncomfortable and afraid without one are way too common. It’s so unecessary to own one other than for hunting. Personally, I don’t respect or admire people who own hand guns or semi automatic weapons and feel that they NEED them. I feel that they are weak. They’re the ones who accidentally shoot family members or forget to lock their unloaded weapons away from kids. Or, a guy gets angry and shoots an old boss at their former place of employment. Or a guy who thinks someone has stolen his girl friend .

Guns are so extremely efficient- they kill dozens of people. Knives might kill one or two before someone grabs that person and stops them . A car will possibly run over one or two people .
Guns are romanticized as a manly object to carry. I’d run away from a guy like that.🤢
Otherwise- ewww.no.

At Least 3 Dead, 22 Wounded In Weekend Shootings In Chicago

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/08/18 ... g-18-2019/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:12 pm
-

So much negligence.
Chicago has about the strictest gun laws in the country. Why don't you check out what our weekend shooting numbers are.app.php/ultimatepoints?mode=lottery

A waiter in France just got shot by a customer because the order was too slow. France has one of the strictest gun laws in Europe, yet in that country only the criminals have the guns. How odd?
WELL, isn't that just the damndest thing! A criminal disregarding the law!
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:02 pm
-

So much negligence.

So lame.
It is a GUN problem.

Otherwise- ewww.no.
People have owned guns in this country since before we were an official country. We didn’t have mass shootings then. These shootings started happening about 30 years or so. Why then?

Enforce the gun laws we ALREADY HAVE. We don’t need new ones to be ignored.

News flash - you will never ever get rid of all guns. Criminals can and do buy guns illegally. If they cared about laws they wouldn’t be criminals.

You are the only person I have ever met, in real life or online, that claims people own guns because of fear. IMO you are projecting YOUR fear of guns onto gun owners. By all means, if you don’t like guns and are afraid of them, for the love of God please don’t ever buy one.

Being your state allows concealed carry I can guarantee that every time you go out in public you are near or interact with someone carrying a gun. You just don’t know it, because it is concealed. They are normal people going about their life, not fearful scary people waiting for an excuse to shoot someone.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Locked Previous topicNext topic