Mother of son with Down syndrome sues hospital, would've had abortion

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
7byher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

IDK about any of you but when I was pregnant they asked me if I wanted to check for Down's syndrome.

http://www.fox26houston.com/news/mother ... d-abortion
FOX NEWS - A mother of a 4-year-old son with special needs is suing a British hospital alleging they failed to test for the condition — otherwise she would've had an abortion.
“I was reassured so many times everything was alright, that the pregnancy was fine,” Mordel said, according to the Daily Mail.

But lawyers for the NHS showed that the sonographer recorded "Down's screening declined" in her medical notes.
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

she declined, her problem. screenings are optional. good to know she wishes her child were dead though. poor kid, hopefully he has loving grandparents.
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

I was told that test wasn't 100% accurate, and they usually ask you about the test sometime during the pregnancy. It is her problem she declined. Feel bad for the child though.
Just-mom
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I declined with all 3 of my kids. The 1st 2 I had to sign something that said I declined that (and other tests). With my 3rd I was at a different hospital and I was told I needed to have this test. I told them I declined, they tried to push it. I still declined. So they went to look for the paper I needed to sign and for some reason couldn't find it. They later said that they had never had anyone decline that test in that clinic (It was a brand new clinic) The OBGYN, just laughed and told me, I can't find the paper, just don't sue me.

To me it didn't matter if my kids had downs. I was going to keep and love them no matter what so why take the test and worry about it?
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Search her name and a slew of ridiculous sites, like The Mirror and the Daily Mail, appear.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I have to wonder if she really declined. I can easily see someone who doesn't believe in the testing decline for her.
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
Deleted User 670

Unread post

I had an amniocentesis done at 17 weeks. If it had found any abnormalities I would have aborted.
YoYiggy
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

If she truly declined the test, then she really has no room to complain.

If someone declined on her behalf without her consent, well.... that's a problem.
MommyTutu
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Judgemental much? These parents need financial help to care for a child that has special needs they weren't expecting. Saying she would have aborted if she'd been offered the proper testing doesn't mean she wishes he was dead. If she really wasn't offered the test and it was marked down as declined, that's a huge failure and they should be financially accountable.
water<wine wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:48 pm she declined, her problem. screenings are optional. good to know she wishes her child were dead though. poor kid, hopefully he has loving grandparents.
MommyTutu
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That's most likely on account of most respectable newspapers in the UK not publishing this sort of thing, especially with names included.
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:36 pm Search her name and a slew of ridiculous sites, like The Mirror and the Daily Mail, appear.
Locked Previous topicNext topic