Rollback of Environmental Regulations

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... backs.html
We can look forward to more toxicity in our everyday lives, including smog, water pollution and cancer causing elements. Many of these life-saving Regs were passed during the Obama Administration.
Thoughts?
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

For me this is the most concerning issue of our time. Other issues can change back and forth over time, but environmental damage can be permanent. Loss of species, physical degradation of large areas, contamination of water supplies, neurological damage to infants and young children.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:24 am For me this is the most concerning issue of our time. Other issues can change back and forth over time, but environmental damage can be permanent. Loss of species, physical degradation of large areas, contamination of water supplies, neurological damage to infants and young children.
Exactly!👏
Well said!
Midnight_Storm
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:24 am For me this is the most concerning issue of our time. Other issues can change back and forth over time, but environmental damage can be permanent. Loss of species, physical degradation of large areas, contamination of water supplies, neurological damage to infants and young children.
It’s definitely very shortsighted thinking to rollback these policies. If you’ve never heard about it, read about the Camp Lejeune water contamination. My dad was stationed there from ‘77-‘81. My sisters and I have all had multiple heath issues that are recognized as being related to that contaminated water. These rollbacks only tell me that money is more important than human life and that making that money now is more important than the cost later. It’s just not worth it imo.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

https://www.popsci.com/america-before-epa-photos/
Before the EPA was created ( in 1971 by Nixon- one excellent thing he did!)
We lived in Arcadia, CA in 1951-52 when there was a tremendous amount of smog. The San Gabriel mountains could be seen nearby in a clear day but that was rare. They were usually hidden by smog. I was in grade school and many days we could not go outside for recess and our eyes and throats burned. My dad and brother had allergies and asthma . After a year , my dad asked his company for a transfer back to our home state.
It was horrible. We returned to Minnesota and could breathe again!
Thank Nixon for the EPA . I’m disgusted with Trump’s rejection of so many important regulations!
Deleted User 670

Unread post

The republicans value money over clean air and water.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Rosneft...Gazprom...

Opening up public lands for drilling...

$52 TRILLION in natural resources...
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
TheReluctantHippie
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Regulations are written in blood. Capitalism favors profit over human life and if we don’t make rules that say you can’t put people’s lives and homes at risk to make money, greedy people will do just that, every time.
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

E5AA54DA-C1CC-4076-90BC-27919856C038.png
E5AA54DA-C1CC-4076-90BC-27919856C038.png (17.11 KiB) Viewed 127 times
Locked Previous topicNext topic