Teen Mom And Prematurely Born Baby Neglected At Border Patrol Facility For 7 Days

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
TheReluctantHippie
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

What were her options in Mexico, specifically?
Mommabearof2 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:03 am
msb64 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:00 am
Mommabearof2 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:54 am

While I get what you are saying, it still makes no sense to me that she and the baby didn't stay in the hospital until they were both healthy enough to be released. Their poor health is on Mexico, not us. She didn't need to come to America to seek asylum, she could have gotten that in Mexico.
She may have a sponsor here in the US. Many asylum seekers, especially family units, do.
Even if she had a sponsor here, she really couldn't wait a week or two to come here? Poor decision on her part.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Sadly, some people do feel that way. They hide these feelings behind blaming the parents of these children for what’s happening to them. Because, you know, if they were living in terrible conditions, in a place of poverty and violence they would just not try to seek a better life for them or their kids. They would just suck it up, I’m sure.
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:59 am Go home, you worthless pieces of shit!! We don't want you here!!!

/s

The way I imagine some ^
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Mommabearof2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

TheReluctantHippie wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:09 am What were her options in Mexico, specifically?
msb64 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:00 am

She may have a sponsor here in the US. Many asylum seekers, especially family units, do.
Even if she had a sponsor here, she really couldn't wait a week or two to come here? Poor decision on her part.
What are her options in America? Why are they any different? Shouldn't she be just as safe in Mexico as she is here? Or is Mexico really a bad country too?
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Linaluo wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:45 am
YoYiggy wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:40 pm It is inhumane what is happening to people there.

And of course there's the people picking and choosing which babies to care about.
Clearly this mother didn't care
So she left Mexico with her premature baby after a cesarean section. Meaning she AND the baby WERE in a hospital at one point several weeks ago and then she made the trek here with her newborn. And CBP is responsible how?
Deleted User 276

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:45 am
Linaluo wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:45 am
YoYiggy wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:40 pm It is inhumane what is happening to people there.

And of course there's the people picking and choosing which babies to care about.
Clearly this mother didn't care
So she left Mexico with her premature baby after a cesarean section. Meaning she AND the baby WERE in a hospital at one point several weeks ago and then she made the trek here with her newborn. And CBP is responsible how?
Once CBP places a person in a processing/detention center, they are responsible for that person's care. This mother and her baby were not given adequate care. They were not given care at all. That is on CBP.
TheReluctantHippie
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Actually, yes, parts of Mexico are plagued with a lot of problems similar to those migrant refugees are hoping to escape.

I don’t know what her options are in the US or why this was her destination. Which is why I’m not out here saying what she should have done differently. But you are, so I assume you know something I don’t. You say she should have stayed in Mexico “for a week or two.” Walk me through that, would you?
Mommabearof2 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:16 am
TheReluctantHippie wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:09 am What were her options in Mexico, specifically?
What are her options in America? Why are they any different? Shouldn't she be just as safe in Mexico as she is here? Or is Mexico really a bad country too?
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:41 am
Mommabearof2 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:32 am
I agree...that should be the real issue here.
I disagree. I think our issue as a country is the care and treatment we give asylum seekers once they enter the US not the care and treatment prior to their arrival.
While I get what you are saying, it still makes no sense to me that she and the baby didn't stay in the hospital until they were both healthy enough to be released. Their poor health is on Mexico, not us. She didn't need to come to America to seek asylum, she could have gotten that in Mexico.
It is incredibly difficult to seek asylum in Mexico. They have very strict immigration laws.
Mommabearof2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

TheReluctantHippie wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:25 pm Actually, yes, parts of Mexico are plagued with a lot of problems similar to those migrant refugees are hoping to escape.

I don’t know what her options are in the US or why this was her destination. Which is why I’m not out here saying what she should have done differently. But you are, so I assume you know something I don’t. You say she should have stayed in Mexico “for a week or two.” Walk me through that, would you?
Walk you through that...what the hell does that even mean? She most likely gave birth in a hospital to a premature baby. Unless they kicked her out, she should have stayed until both herself and the baby were healthy.
Fliptopz4
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:32 pm
msb64 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:41 am

I disagree. I think our issue as a country is the care and treatment we give asylum seekers once they enter the US not the care and treatment prior to their arrival.
It is incredibly difficult to seek asylum in Mexico. They have very strict immigration laws.
Kinda of ironic isn't it?
TheReluctantHippie
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

What makes you think they didn’t?
Mommabearof2 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:25 pm
TheReluctantHippie wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:25 pm Actually, yes, parts of Mexico are plagued with a lot of problems similar to those migrant refugees are hoping to escape.

Walk you through that...what the hell does that even mean? She most likely gave birth in a hospital to a premature baby. Unless they kicked her out, she should have stayed until both herself and the baby were healthy.
Locked Previous topicNext topic