#ImpeachTrumpNow Trends On Twitter: Americans Say President Committed 'Treason' by Saying He Would Take Foreign Informat

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:49 am People need to get a handle on the definition of treason first off. If he said he would GIVE intel to foreigners, that would be expressing treasonous intent. If he actually GAVE information to foreigners, that would be committing treason.

When in history has ACCEPTING outside intel been considered treason? I'm sure our guys who served during WW2 and took in information from foreigners which helped our cause would be fascinated to learn of the new definition of treason.

Just because some nitwit makes something up and posts it on social media doesn't mean it's true.
It is illegal for any person to solicit, accept, or receive anything of value from a foreign national in connection with a U.S. election.

Illegal actions are literally high crimes/misdemeanors, aside from making himself a national security threat and owing favors to foreign governments, who are not our friends.
Fliptopz4
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:49 am People need to get a handle on the definition of treason first off. If he said he would GIVE intel to foreigners, that would be expressing treasonous intent. If he actually GAVE information to foreigners, that would be committing treason.

When in history has ACCEPTING outside intel been considered treason? I'm sure our guys who served during WW2 and took in information from foreigners which helped our cause would be fascinated to learn of the new definition of treason.

Just because some nitwit makes something up and posts it on social media doesn't mean it's true.
Since a president can declassify anything he wants even that would not be treason.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Fliptopz4 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:05 am
Ksal2349 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:37 pm
Fliptopz4 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:35 pm

What ? That he would listen if a foreign government gave him information on another candidate? I don't think its that bad, its more believable than a candidate that would say "I won't listen and will immediately call the FBI"
its illegal
Is it? Even Mueller isn't sure....
As Special Counsel Robert Mueller noted in his report on Russian attempts to influence the 2016 presidential election, "No judicial decision has treated the voluntary provision of uncompensated opposition research or similar information as a thing of value that could amount to a contribution under campaign-finance law."
A bit more context of your quote.

https://www.law.com/newyorklawjournal/2 ... 0514083850
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Fliptopz4
Countess
Countess

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:43 am
Ksal2349 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:37 pm

its illegal
As Special Counsel Robert Mueller noted in his report on Russian attempts to influence the 2016 presidential election, "No judicial decision has treated the voluntary provision of uncompensated opposition research or similar information as a thing of value that could amount to a contribution under campaign-finance law."

And my quote showed why he couldn't
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Fliptopz4 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:24 am
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:43 am

And my quote showed why he couldn't
I don't believe you comprehend what it's saying.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No, our country is NOT doing great. Trump kowtows to dictators and insults out true allies. Trump is an embarrassment and yes, we need to impeach him. He is simply proving again that he lacks any sense of decency. Of course, anyone who actually paid attention would know that based on the many appalling things he has said, even as a candidate. Bragging about grabbing women's crotches was a huge clue that the religious right wants to ignore.

His latest declaration clearly violates the law and the Constitution. He's a pig, a liar, a cheat, and has committed fraud so many times he should have been in jail long ago. He should be tossed out of office where he can be further prosecuted for his crimes by local authorities.

Don't fall for the crap Trump spewed in that appalling interview. No one said it was treasonous or illegal to talk to a foreign government. Countries like Great Britain or Norway (God, he is so stupid) because they are NOT countries with an adversarial relationship to ours. It's countries which have an adversarial relationship with ours that would mean it's illegal, and treasonous to accept "help" from such countries in the context of trying to undermine our elections. In other words, countries like RUSSIA, North Korea, Iran, etc..
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

But all your sources are conservative,biased . Many conservative viewpoints.
And they lead you astray, convincing you that only they are believable and bashing the actually truthful dependable and long-time, highly respected sources such as The New York Times, Washington Post and the broadcasts from PBS and BBC!

Billie.jeens wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:54 am We are absolutely more informed -

We actually listen to information from more than just one viewpoint.

Msprekteacher wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:45 am Amen! I have given up on them and hope that the adults in America come out to vote in 2020!

Ledina60 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:16 pm

Omg
🙄
Trump supporters are so uninformed.
It’s just sad.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Conservatives did it when Obama was president. and did it badly. Remember the birther movement?? and then the demand for school records.. even though Trump never released tax returns...
Fliptopz4 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:09 pm I dont understand why anybody would be willing to impeach Trump. The country is doing great. Do they hate this country so much they would be willing to sabotage it just because they personally dislike this president?
Fliptopz4
Countess
Countess

Unread post

hotspice58 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:46 am Conservatives did it when Obama was president. and did it badly. Remember the birther movement?? and then the demand for school records.. even though Trump never released tax returns...
Fliptopz4 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:09 pm I dont understand why anybody would be willing to impeach Trump. The country is doing great. Do they hate this country so much they would be willing to sabotage it just because they personally dislike this president?
That's because Obama was doing a terrible job. There was more people on food stamps than ever. Do you remember Obama saying manufacturing jobs were gone and never coming back? yeah Trump brought them back.. Remember his declaration to Syria you know the line in the sand, which they crossed and he did nothing. Remember his administration selling guns to Mexican cartel members so they could trace them which ended up getting one of our border patrol agents killed.. That's why Obama was criticized because he was awful. The reason his birth certifacate and school records were question was because there were rumors about him claiming to be foreign born to get into college. I believe the Democrats first brought that up and Trump ran with it.

Also it's not a requirement to release your tax returns to be president, but it is a requirement to prove you were born here.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Fliptopz4 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:56 pm
hotspice58 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:46 am Conservatives did it when Obama was president. and did it badly. Remember the birther movement?? and then the demand for school records.. even though Trump never released tax returns...
That's because Obama was doing a terrible job. There was more people on food stamps than ever. Do you remember Obama saying manufacturing jobs were gone and never coming back? yeah Trump brought them back.. Remember his declaration to Syria you know the line in the sand, which they crossed and he did nothing. Remember his administration selling guns to Mexican cartel members so they could trace them which ended up getting one of our border patrol agents killed.. That's why Obama was criticized because he was awful. The reason his birth certifacate and school records were question was because there were rumors about him claiming to be foreign born to get into college. I believe the Democrats first brought that up and Trump ran with it.

Also it's not a requirement to release your tax returns to be president, but it is a requirement to prove you were born here.
Obama was NOT doing a terrible job!
Use your head and stop believing the lying right wingers!
There was a recession during the Bush Administration and after Obama became President he the economy and improved just about every industry including the previously disabled housing industry, and so much more.
He gave Trump a healthy economy!

And now Trump is gradually damaging it, and economists are predicting another recession!
Locked Previous topicNext topic