p**sy Riot to hold Birmingham benefit concert in response to abortion ban

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

I’d go see them too.
I’m always a fan of people who protest for the good of people( women particularly) everywhere!
👍🏻
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Ksal2349 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:12 pm
https://www.al.com/news/2019/06/p**sy-r ... n-ban.html

p**sy Riot, the Russian feminist rock band, is set to hold a concert in July in Alabama to raise money for pro-choice groups in response to the state passing the nation’s toughest anti-abortion law last month.
Excellent!!!
👍🏻
Mommabearof2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I checked the abortion laws for Russia and they can have one only up to 12 weeks. Maybe they should protest in their own country instead.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Mommabearof2 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:17 am I checked the abortion laws for Russia and they can have one only up to 12 weeks. Maybe they should protest in their own country instead.
I’m sure they have tried. But they have protested injustice for years and gotten arrested. I think they deserve a voice here too and I applaud them,
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Mommabearof2 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:17 am I checked the abortion laws for Russia and they can have one only up to 12 weeks. Maybe they should protest in their own country instead.
Agree
Mommabearof2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:30 am
I’m sure they have tried. But they have protested injustice for years and gotten arrested. I think they deserve a voice here too and I applaud them,
So, you have no problem with Russians interfering with our politics as long as they are on your side?
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Mommabearof2 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:45 pm
So, you have no problem with Russians interfering with our politics as long as they are on your side?
Guess not!
Deleted User 276

Unread post

They have and do protest in Russia on a variety of issues and have been arrested and imprisoned for it. They are not protesting in the US. They are holding a benefit concert.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Mommabearof2 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:45 pm
Mommabearof2 King wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:17 am I checked the abortion laws for Russia and they can have one only up to 12 weeks. Maybe they should protest in their own country instead.

These are not political figures.
They’re a vocal group.
TheReluctantHippie
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

they do, it’s kind of their whole thing
Locked Previous topicNext topic