Everyone piles on after Donald Trump says the Moon is a part of Mars

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 276

Unread post

Trump has a problem communicating. He probably meant that the moon is a component of travel to mars - giving him the benefit of the doubt. But it is hysterical to read.

What is not so funny is that up until three weeks ago he was gung ho to go to the moon and then mars. But then he watched Fox's Cavuto at 12:00 something today. Cavuto said "didn't we do this moon thing quite a few decades ago?" and an hour later Trump tweets the above. <sigh>

Basically the "moon part of mars" flub I can forgive. But changing NASA policy and directive via tweet due to a Cavuto segment is pretty fucked, but typical of this presidency.
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Ouchy -

The OP has been called out for fake news by one of her own.
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
Deleted User 276

Unread post

Billie.jeens wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:34 pm Ouchy -

I wasn't calling out "fake news" rather I was agreeing with this portion of the article:
It’s possible the President just meant that the moon is part of NASA’s mission to Mars. In December 2017 Trump signed a directive to send astronauts to the moon, with the goal of expanding the mission to Mars and potentially other parts of the solar system.
Curious as to how you feel about Trump shifting NASA policy due to a Cavuto segment he watched?
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:50 pm

I wasn't calling out "fake news" rather I was agreeing with this portion of the article:
It’s possible the President just meant that the moon is part of NASA’s mission to Mars. In December 2017 Trump signed a directive to send astronauts to the moon, with the goal of expanding the mission to Mars and potentially other parts of the solar system.
Curious as to how you feel about Trump shifting NASA policy due to a Cavuto segment he watched?
Be Curious No longer -
I don't accept the premise.
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, he probably thinks he’s the world’s greatest astronomer too...🤷🏼‍♀️
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:20 pm Well, he probably thinks he’s the world’s greatest astronomer too...🤷🏼‍♀️
And if he says it, his followers will agree. Poor little lemmings.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Just a thought, Space Cadet Bone Spurs. . . Dontcha ya think that before we go off all half-cocked to build a permanent base on Mars that we first should work out all of the kinks first someplace closer, like, I don't know, the moon?
TheReluctantHippie
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

It’s not fake news. The article says trump said some dumb shit and people are laughing at him about it, both of those are true facts.

Deleted User 1344

Unread post

🙄
Locked Previous topicNext topic