US immigration detention centres caught serving spoiled food as investigation reveals nooses in cells

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

morgan wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:45 pm Since things are so terrible here for illegal immigrants and we treat them so badly, I imagine people will stop coming here illegally.
That's a great idea
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:45 pm Prison Food Is Making U.S. Inmates Disproportionately Sick
Lapses in food safety have made U.S. prisoners six times more likely to get a foodborne illness than the general population.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/arch ... ca/549179/

‘Not For Human Consumption’ – What are they feeding the inmates in our prisons?
August 18, 2017 by MSR News Online

http://spokesman-recorder.com/2017/08/1 ... s-prisons/

but f**k American criminals, we only care about foreign ones. why is your outrage so selective?
It's not. This article was interesting. While I knew food sucked and that inmates made that crap wine I didn't know they were being actually sickened by the food. It sounds like there are a lot of changes that need to be made- training the inmates in proper food handling and implementing safe protocols for all prisons to be the important ones.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Ksal2349 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:42 pm They believe immigrants are subhuman and don't deserve things such as food

Pjmm wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:35 pm
Billie.jeens wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:29 pm Dear criminal aliens

Stay home!
What does that have to do with an investigation that's going on about spoiled food being served to detained immigrants?
The next step is building ovens.
( and not the kind for baking cakes)
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:09 pm
Ksal2349 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:42 pm They believe immigrants are subhuman and don't deserve things such as food

What does that have to do with an investigation that's going on about spoiled food being served to detained immigrants?
Cookies?
KAG
Mean Girl
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

morgan wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:14 pm

Cookies?
TheReluctantHippie
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Do you understand it is against international law to violate people’s human rights in order to deter others from seeking asylum in your country?
morgan wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:45 pm Since things are so terrible here for illegal immigrants and we treat them so badly, I imagine people will stop coming here illegally.
TheReluctantHippie
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

I used to wonder when I studied WWII how so many people could have gotten on board with such atrocities.

Now that Trump has emboldened his supporters to share their true thoughts in public I totally understand. A lot of people are just a whole lot more vile than they typically let on. I watch them cheer him on every step toward fascism and I realize that not only would they tolerate it if he started building death camps, they would be delighted.

Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Yep. The way things are going now, the numbers of enablers involved, anything is possible
TheReluctantHippie wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:26 pm I used to wonder when I studied WWII how so many people could have gotten on board with such atrocities.

Now that Trump has emboldened his supporters to share their true thoughts in public I totally understand. A lot of people are just a whole lot more vile than they typically let on. I watch them cheer him on every step toward fascism and I realize that not only would they tolerate it if he started building death camps, they be delighted.

Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I read these things and while it does sound inhumane, my second thought is that there really just aren't enough resources to handle all of these people. Just like there aren't enough resources for veteran health care or kids in poor school districts or prison kitchens or the foster system or.... Honestly I think the solution is ultimately to prevent being in this position as much as we can so we don't have so many people in immigration centers to begin with. We cannot be all things to all people.
Locked Previous topicNext topic