Please Read: News and Politics Rules UPDATED

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

Sadly, a necessary thing that I agree has had to be done.

Thanks!
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yes, ma'am.
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
Linaluo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Got it!!
"We were born free and we will stay free" -President Trump 2020
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

So just to be clear - we are no longer allowed to comment on the shady source of an article? So if I post something from Breitbart, if anyone comments that Breitbart is an unreliable source, that is a punishable offense? If someone posts an article that's a year old, and claims it's a current event, and I point out that it's no longer a current event, that's a punishable offense?

Just clarifying.

Thanks
KAG
Mean Girl
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

You can comment on the date of an article without resorting to insults which is why you were quoted in that instance. It had less to do with your comment about the date or more the sentence after you mentioned the date. If you have any other questions, feel free to pm me and I will elaborate more on exactly what you did to be quoted.
morgan wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:12 pm So just to be clear - we are no longer allowed to comment on the shady source of an article? So if I post something from Breitbart, if anyone comments that Breitbart is an unreliable source, that is a punishable offense? If someone posts an article that's a year old, and claims it's a current event, and I point out that it's no longer a current event, that's a punishable offense?

Just clarifying.

Thanks
🤓The Admin 🤓
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

You mean specifically when I said "cant you find a more current article about Trump that triggers you?"

That was against the rules and is a punishable offense? Again, I'm just trying to understand what you think qualifies as "off topic" or "personal attack". I suppose since me saying that "Trump triggers you" is now against the rules, I can go ahead and safely assume when someone calls me or anyone else a "Trumpette" is also against the rules and a punishable offense?

Like I said, I think you're going down a slippery slope here, Skip.
12skipafew wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:35 pm You can comment on the date of an article without resorting to insults which is why you were quoted in that instance. It had less to do with your comment about the date or more the sentence after you mentioned the date. If you have any other questions, feel free to pm me and I will elaborate more on exactly what you did to be quoted.
morgan wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:12 pm So just to be clear - we are no longer allowed to comment on the shady source of an article? So if I post something from Breitbart, if anyone comments that Breitbart is an unreliable source, that is a punishable offense? If someone posts an article that's a year old, and claims it's a current event, and I point out that it's no longer a current event, that's a punishable offense?

Just clarifying.

Thanks
KAG
Mean Girl
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It’s instigating a fight which is exactly what we don’t want. Debate the article but don’t insult each other personally, we have other groups for that. Arguments can go into fight corner, MC, vent, even the political meme group. People want to discuss news and politics in this group without scrolling through pages and pages of a few people fighting with each other and petty arguments that have nothing to do with what they just read.

You also weren’t punished, you were quoted by a mod asking to take any arguments to fight corner.
morgan wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:38 pm You mean specifically when I said "cant you find a more current article about Trump that triggers you?"

That was against the rules and is a punishable offense? Again, I'm just trying to understand what you think qualifies as "off topic" or "personal attack". I suppose since me saying that "Trump triggers you" is now against the rules, I can go ahead and safely assume when someone calls me or anyone else a "Trumpette" is also against the rules and a punishable offense?

Like I said, I think you're going down a slippery slope here, Skip.
12skipafew wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:35 pm You can comment on the date of an article without resorting to insults which is why you were quoted in that instance. It had less to do with your comment about the date or more the sentence after you mentioned the date. If you have any other questions, feel free to pm me and I will elaborate more on exactly what you did to be quoted.

Just clarifying.

Thanks
🤓The Admin 🤓
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I think these new rules have made the group better.
Deleted User 1242

Unread post

Agreed : )

Hi !
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Let's talk about memes. Are people actually reporting them?

I understand how it's an issue when it's a thread created with nothing but a nasty political meme and no commentary from the OP. It's meant to be divisive, and it doesn't help the already volatile attitudes. So I get why the Meme board was created and I think it's a great idea.

But lately memes anywhere within a body of a thread are being deleted/recreated on the meme board.

So, to clarify, are memes no longer allowed, ever?
KAG
Mean Girl
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic