Rep. Jasmine Crockett's viral 'Bleach blonde bad built butch body': coming to t-shirts soon

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:34 pm
RIZZY wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:28 pm
Della wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:11 pm

Many times. It's also unacceptable to start shit and not expect an equally offensive response.

Or are you unfamiliar with insults used against Black women?
I was kind of wondering if anyone here realized that MGT's insult has a strand of racism. Nowadays, women of all colors and backgrounds are seen wearing false eyelashes but like wigs and acrylic nails, it was Black and Hispanic women who popularized them. If Crockett hadn't been wearing falsies, MGT would have gone after her hair.

Both women were shaming each other but MGT was also being racist. I don't see how anyone can make the argument that what Crockett said was worse because it was specifically about body type. MGT knew she was being racist, that's why she said it.
I didn’t realize it was racist… now that it’s been pointed out, yes I think that was an equally horrible comment…

Both of those women insulted each other with words that have been extremely hurtful to millions of women all over the world, and neither of them should get by without being censured.
SMH
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Della wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 2:47 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 2:18 pm
Della wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:37 pm

How do you think Black women feel about comments like MTG made?
I don’t speak for all Black people but considering who it was coming from, I didn’t like it at all. I find it ridiculous to minimize MTG attacking her by overly focusing on what Crockett said.

MTG is an obnoxious bitch who got a taste of her own medicine.
It's about time someone fired back at that woman.

I read how Crockett said it made her feel.

“MAGA has historically been on social media doing the things where they’re saying, ‘Oh, she’s Black with lashes and nails and hair, and so she’s ghetto,’” Crockett told host Jake Tapper. “It is buying into a racist trope.”

Women of all colors wear false eyelashes, Crockett said, but the issue was with Greene specifically targeting her."

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/05/1 ... t-00158792
That is why I didn't like it either. MTG has a very established pattern of acting like this. SHE is the common denominator, NOT the people who responds to her attacks based on her history of offensive behavior.

It's like David Duke insulting my appearance and micromanaging how I respond by over analyzing it.

That is not how it works.

MTG is the common denominator, not the people she constantly chooses to attack.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

They did something incredibly wrong that hurt far more people than they intended…
So in turn, I did something incredibly wrong that hurt far more people than I intended…

It’s like the story of every monarchy we’ve ever learned about in history, isn’t it? Quite Shakespearean really…

There’s always a good enough reason to hurt the mass population as long as the other monarch falls…
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:32 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:26 pm If I quite literally have a bad built butch body, can I wear the t-shirt?
Of course anyone can wear the shirt…

You’re not who I’m worried will care about having their body type insulted.
Oh yeah, because I plan to. Of course I'll check with my teen and young adult co-workers as well as my LGBTQ friends to make sure that they don't view it as homophobic or body shaming. I always think it's best to go straight to the source of those who may or may not be offended rather than relying on someone outside of their group interpreting what they believe should be offensive to them.

You have done some pretty hard body shaming of transgender women whether through your posts or shared social media so it's a little hard to take you seriously when it comes to the danger of body shaming.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:01 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:26 pm If I quite literally have a bad built butch body, can I wear the t-shirt?

Oh yeah, because I plan to. Of course I'll check with my teen and young adult co-workers as well as my LGBTQ friends to make sure that they don't view it as homophobic or body shaming. I always think it's best to go straight to the source of those who may or may not be offended rather than relying on someone outside of their group interpreting what they believe should be offensive to them.

You have done some pretty hard body shaming of transgender women whether through your posts or shared social media so it's a little hard to take you seriously when it comes to the danger of body shaming.
And another spin…

“ In order for her to think body shaming is wrong she has to think it’s competitively fair for a male body to compete in sports against female bodies”

It’s kind of a shame that none of you have the conviction to say for yourself what is right or wrong… it’s based on what I’ve said or done…

Don’t let me move you like that…
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MTG is a bully. She is not the only bully. Plenty of girl bullies around listening. And now they heard that MTG's bullying will be received with a pushback. And the girls who are bullied heard that pushback, too.

For those that don't like the bleach blonde butch comment, they can take that as an opportunity to talk to their girls about how wrong it is, to be kind, turn the other cheek, etc.
Slimshandy wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 11:08 am Then talk shit to her about how much of an idiot she is… talk shit to her about something particular to her.

MTG is a classic bully, that doesn’t mean no other girls listening matter anymore.
cgd5112 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:42 am Like I said in another post, if someone attacks you, you're going to respond harder to back them off or put them down.
MTG is a classic bully. Someone finally dished it right back at her and was spot on.
Della wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:16 am "Greene sparked the verbal back-and-forth with Crockett. “I don’t think you know what you’re here for," the Georgia Republican said. "I think your fake eyelashes are messing up what you’re reading.”

MTG starts shit and you guys deflect to the response.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:08 pm

And another spin…

“ In order for her to think body shaming is wrong she has to think it’s competitively fair for a male body to compete in sports against female bodies”

It’s kind of a shame that none of you have the conviction to say for yourself what is right or wrong… it’s based on what I’ve said or done…

"I always think it's best to go straight to the source of those who may or may not be offended rather than relying on someone outside of their group interpreting what they believe should be offensive to them."

You don't move me🤣
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

She is a bully and she deserves to be censured… in my opinion she should be removed from her seat.

Now we heard that her bullying behavior will be met with more bullying behavior and no one will care how many other people get hurt, we will only care that we got to hurt her.

I don’t teach my girls to turn the other cheek… That’s how to teach them to accept abuse…

I don’t teach them to accept abuse and I don’t teach them to be abusive in return.
cgd5112 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:22 pm MTG is a bully. She is not the only bully. Plenty of girl bullies around listening. And now they heard that MTG's bullying will be received with a pushback. And the girls who are bullied heard that pushback, too.

For those that don't like the bleach blonde butch comment, they can take that as an opportunity to talk to their girls about how wrong it is, to be kind, turn the other cheek, etc.
Slimshandy wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 11:08 am Then talk shit to her about how much of an idiot she is… talk shit to her about something particular to her.

MTG is a classic bully, that doesn’t mean no other girls listening matter anymore.
cgd5112 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:42 am Like I said in another post, if someone attacks you, you're going to respond harder to back them off or put them down.
MTG is a classic bully. Someone finally dished it right back at her and was spot on.

Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:23 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:08 pm

And another spin…

"I always think it's best to go straight to the source of those who may or may not be offended rather than relying on someone outside of their group interpreting what they believe should be offensive to them."

You don't move me🤣
Then You shouldn’t have to take me seriously about the dangers of body shaming… it shouldn’t matter what I think. You should already know about the dangers of body shaming even if I had never entered the conversation…
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

MTG is a racist bully. She’s always been a racist bully.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic