Rep. Jasmine Crockett's viral 'Bleach blonde bad built butch body': coming to t-shirts soon

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

All I can say to this, is hopefully not…

A long time ago I bought a shirt that said , “And still, she persisted” because of what was said … but this is just going to shame girls with muscular bodies. That’s not the same thing. I totally get hating MTG, but shaming body types that millions of girls naturally have is not ok.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rep-jasmine- ... 10827.html
Last week’s insult-laden House committee hearing may soon be immortalized on a hoodie or pair of socks.

Rep. Jasmine Crockett, D-Texas, filed a trademark application Sunday for rights to the phrase “BLEACH BLONDE BAD BUILT BUTCH BODY.” Crockett hurled the alliterative insult seemingly at Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., Thursday during a heated House Oversight Committee session.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

"Greene sparked the verbal back-and-forth with Crockett. “I don’t think you know what you’re here for," the Georgia Republican said. "I think your fake eyelashes are messing up what you’re reading.”

MTG starts shit and you guys deflect to the response.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Like I said in another post, if someone attacks you, you're going to respond harder to back them off or put them down.
MTG is a classic bully. Someone finally dished it right back at her and was spot on.
Della wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:16 am "Greene sparked the verbal back-and-forth with Crockett. “I don’t think you know what you’re here for," the Georgia Republican said. "I think your fake eyelashes are messing up what you’re reading.”

MTG starts shit and you guys deflect to the response.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It was an awesome clapback. Greene just doesn't have chops to spar in a war of words with AOC or Crockett. Professional? No, but really who cares? I may get this t-shirt. I'm a grey haired, bad built, butch body woman and I took no offense. Why would I?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Crockett should add a logo like B4 to the t-shirt.😊

WellPreserved wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:48 am It was an awesome clapback. Greene just doesn't have chops to spar in a war of words with AOC or Crockett. Professional? No, but really who cares? I may get this t-shirt. I'm a grey haired, bad built, butch body woman and I took no offense. Why would I?
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:48 am It was an awesome clapback. Greene just doesn't have chops to spar in a war of words with AOC or Crockett. Professional? No, but really who cares? I may get this t-shirt. I'm a grey haired, bad built, butch body woman and I took no offense. Why would I?
It was outstanding. Almost as good as Bacon's comebacks, lol.

I can understand why she trademarked it after that video you shared yesterday.
306/232

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

"Greene got into a stunning back-and-forth with Rep. Jasmine Crockett (D-Texas) at one point during the hearing.

After Greene went off on a tangent related to former President Trump's trial, Crockett asked "do you know what we're here for?" with Greene responding: "I don't think you know what you're here for. I think your fake eyelashes are messing up what you're reading."
That remark prompted loud groans from the Democratic side, with Raskin telling Greene the comment was "beneath even you."

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) shouted "that's disgusting ... that is absolutely unacceptable, how dare you attack the physical appearance of another person" and moving to remove Greene's words from the record.

"Are your feelings hurt?" Greene asked Ocasio-Cortez.
Crockett arguably had the most memorable comment after the committee ruled that Greene's personal attacks on her were allowed.

"I'm just curious, just to better understand your ruling: If someone on this committee then starts talking about somebody's bleach blonde bad built butch body, that would not be engaging in personalities, correct?" she said.

Chair James Comer (R-Ky.) responded with visible confusion: "What now?"

https://www.axios.com/2024/05/17/house- ... d-contempt
306/232

Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Is Rachel Maddow is offended by the 'Butch' comment?
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:38 am Is Rachel Maddow is offended by the 'Butch' comment?
This is what she said in 2009:

"I'm a big lesbian who looks like a man."

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... television
306/232

WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:38 am Is Rachel Maddow is offended by the 'Butch' comment?
Why would she be?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic