The Blockout 2024: the ‘digital guillotine’

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Between the Diddy scandal and divorce rumors…J Lo probably has bigger fish to fry.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

😂😂😂

"2.5 years in, museum's first permanent installation on role of Jewish immigrants in founding America's film industry is set to open Sunday after outcry at their initial exclusion"

(...)

"The exhibit’s debut comes two and a half years after the museum’s opening, which sparked controversy among supporters and visitors for not including the industry’s Jewish beginnings."

(...)

"The same kind of antisemitic rhetoric that was leveled at these original Jewish founders of Hollywood, it’s still leveled at Jews in Hollywood today,” Jaffe said. “So to us, we are thinking about this as a very important educational platform to dispel these antisemitic harmful stereotypes, to offer some clarity and accuracy about why the founding of Hollywood is a Jewish immigrant story.”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/new-exhib ... h-origins/
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Interesting. People are also blocking her for the way she behaved at the Met Gala. I personally really like the fact that the younger generations are starting to block celebrities on social media. Not because of Israel but because they're realizing that celebrities make their livelihoods off of fans they don't give a shit about. They're tired of wealthy people selling them lies and getting rich off of the backs of poor people. I'm super into it for that aspect. Reject late stage capitalism.
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

RIZZY wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 2:01 pm Interesting. People are also blocking her for the way she behaved at the Met Gala. I personally really like the fact that the younger generations are starting to block celebrities on social media. Not because of Israel but because they're realizing that celebrities make their livelihoods off of fans they don't give a shit about. They're tired of wealthy people selling them lies and getting rich off of the backs of poor people. I'm super into it for that aspect. Reject late stage capitalism.
100% agree with what’s highlighted
I don’t really follow celebrities on IG or social media, but there is one TikToker that shows up on my For You Page that I absolutely blocked. I’ve interacted with her posts before and found some of her content funny - but the “let them eat cake” one was really ridiculous. I didn’t even look at it from the Israel/Gaza aspect but the whole gross out of touch with reality with using that specific audio. As the youths say “it gave me the ick”
(DS15 says no one says that anymore lol 😅)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic