What are your favorite crafts?

Deleted User 670

Unread post

eyes4ears wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:49 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:41 pm
eyes4ears wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:22 pm

I think i have seen it. But again I don't know how to crochet so I am lost
Lots of how to videos on youtube.
I do better one on one. I am a pretty quick learner but tge visual helps.
Go to your local craft store and ask if they have an open needle work day. You can just show up and someone will get you started. Our local Michaels has that every Wednesday, I believe. It's been a few years though. Crocheting is not that hard to get the hang of.
eyes4ears
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:00 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:41 pm
Lots of how to videos on youtube.
Go to your local craft store and ask if they have an open needle work day. You can just show up and someone will get you started. Our local Michaels has that every Wednesday, I believe. It's been a few years though. Crocheting is not that hard to get the hang of.
I luve in a small town. Right now I am trying to find someone that teaches adult lsewing classes. The local cc taught them in January, but it was only during the work day.
I think the library taught crochet a couple of years ago, but again during the work day hours.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

eyes4ears wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:06 pm

I luve in a small town. Right now I am trying to find someone that teaches adult lsewing classes. The local cc taught them in January, but it was only during the work day.
I think the library taught crochet a couple of years ago, but again during the work day hours.
Go to the nextdoor.com site and join, it's good for finding neighbors with stuff to sell and there might be a yarn club. If not you could ask if anyone would be interested in giving you some crochet lessons.
eyes4ears
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:03 am

Go to the nextdoor.com site and join, it's good for finding neighbors with stuff to sell and there might be a yarn club. If not you could ask if anyone would be interested in giving you some crochet lessons.
I am on that site for our area. It isn't that big of a deal here. Mostly lost or found stuff, breakins etc.
I bought myself a sewing machine on black Friday a few years back, ironic since I can't sew on a machine. But I want to have that goal accomplished.
I do so many other kinds of projects, dyi stuff that I teach myself. I am constantly doing those kinds of projects.
eyes4ears
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Lol. Reverse the captions.
Attachments
I made this yesterday
I made this yesterday
From this.
From this.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Very cool
eyes4ears wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:13 am

mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I like it but I haven't done it in years. I still save everything for scrap books. You just made me remember that I am supposed to work on that this summer and have everything cleared out and finished by the time school starts again. LOL Fat chance.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

eyes4ears wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:13 am

This is the loom I'm gonna use for the rug.

And you just tie the yarn on one peg with a slip not and then just wrap the yarn around the rest of them until you get two wraps and you use the pick to pull the bottom yarn over and off the peg and then repeat.

You end up with a tube of yarn that you can stitch into circle, oval, rectangle. I had some regular yarn but I wasn't really happy the way it was turning out.

Here's what a spool knit rug would look like if you just wound it. You can also braid it. Of course it has to be stitched together, lol.

Ol--akasha--lo
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

eyes4ears wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:08 pm
Ol--akasha--lo wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:22 pm I've crocheted 2 queen size blankets.
I would like to learn to crochet, so I can make rag rugs!
I tried to teach someone once. It didn't go well. My great aunt taught me when I was little.

I'm sure you could figure it out through YouTube videos. Rag rugs aren't too difficult.
CafeMomRefugee
Peasant
Peasant

Unread post

i craft with a Silhouette and a Cricut. also do wood signs
Locked Previous topicNext topic