Shit my nurse said to me after giving birth

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I just had my second baby and the nurse I had yesterday was something else. I’m still kind of in shock at the things she said
“Was your baby planned?”
“Pain gets worse with each pregnancy/delivery, so think about this before you decide to have another baby.” My pain is actually 100000x better with this delivery.
“You just had surgery. You are going to have pain.” She said after only giving me Tylenol for pain after not only my c-section, but also a surgery to repair the bowel that my surgeon knicked.
I know getting up and walking is important after surgery, but she required me to walk at her pace and wouldn’t allow breaks. Then when I complained about how it hurt and I needed to go a little slower, she waved this stupid lavendar EO stick in my face. I told her I didn’t want it and she said “oh well, it’ll help”. It didn’t. And it made me nauseous (to this, she said if I puked that it would mean no more food for me). One of the other nurses saw how she was treating me and quickly jumped in to take her place. God bless that nurse.
She insisted on turning off the sequentials (the leg massagers to prevent blood clots). My next nurse said she never should’ve done that.
Any time I told her I was in pain, she said she had patients who took only ibuprofen and Tylenol and they were fine. Mind you, I can’t take ibuprofen and I’m almost certain these other patients didn’t have multiple surgeries in one day.
She made me stop breastfeeding after 15 minutes at one point because I needed to walk and it apparently couldn’t wait for my kid to finish eating. She sent him to the nursery with a bottle of formula.

I did report her ass to the coordinator and requested that she never be assigned to me again. I really am not a confrontational person, but it felt like I didn’t have much of a choice. Anyone else have an experience like this? How did/would you handle it?
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

No.

Sounds like you had the nurse from hell.

Congrats on the new addition!
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

What a shitty woman! Why work maternity of you are that miserable! I am so sorry you didn’t have someone to advocate for you sooner. Congrats on the new baby!
Anonymous 2

Unread post

If a nurse tried to give my newborn formula without my permission I would have her F***ing job.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Oh hell no! She wouldn't have been sending my kid anywhere without me throwing a fit. They would have not gotten my child out of that room when they came to get him, because I would have went off. I'm sorry you went through that, but it sounds like you needed to put your foot down sooner.

I had a c-section, and all of my nurses were amazing! They did make me get up and walk, but at my pace, and when I said it hurt, they let me sit down. They didn't force me to stop feeding him just to stand up. Sounds like you had Nurse Hatchet. Glad you reported her. Hopefully they do something about her attitude. Congrats on the new baby. :)

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I am sorry you had to experience that!

Congrats on the new addition.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:51 am If a nurse tried to give my newborn formula without my permission I would have her F***ing job.
They wouldn't fire a nurse over that no matter how much of a scene you made
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Congrats 🎊🎉🍾
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I would. She was full of it. It doesn't matter what her other patients do, this is about YOU and how YOU feel. She needs to go somewhere else and have some major retraining. Talk to your doctor as well. He should have prescribed pain meds for you.

And congrats!
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:00 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:51 am If a nurse tried to give my newborn formula without my permission I would have her F***ing job.
They wouldn't fire a nurse over that no matter how much of a scene you made
The hospital would absolutely have to take action since the nurse assaulted a patient (the newborn), and I would absolutely make sure she was arrested following that assault.
Locked Previous topicNext topic