What a ridiculous excuse

Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Not if that’s uncommon behavior for the animal to display.

I don’t know why people keep suggesting that a pony won’t know where it’s going or what it’s going to do…

If you have a dog, and you take it to the park every few days and it loves it, the dog is going to be excited to jump in the car when you open the door and call them in because it assumes you’re going to go to the park. If one day the dog refuses to get in, that’s a big sign there’s something wrong.

Horses are just as smart, if not smarter than dogs…and just as predictable to the owner who has had them for a long time.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:50 am I could see if they took the pony and when they got there the pony just was not having it and obviously something was wrong not using that pony.
But just because the pony didn't walk into the trailer when it was opened is ridiculous.
Slimshandy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:01 am We do take them to the vet when they don’t want to go…

What we DON’T do is put a child on an animal that could end up severely hurting them when we knew there was a problem.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:58 am Ok but this woman is advertising a pony riding business, taking a booking, then not showing up. It makes no sense. Don't have a pony business then. And if you needed to take your horse to the vet or move him somewhere would you lead them to the trailer or just put the door down and let them wonder in at their own choosing? We as people all the time make animals do things they may not want to do. Going to the vet, vaccines, grooming, getting neutered, boarding facility when we go on vacation etc.

Anonymous 2

Unread post

And yet my one dog hates getting in the car no matter what. She doesn't go to the vet much it's usually to go hiking or camping which she loves but she hates car rides.
My other dog was hesitant to get in the car even though he loves car rides because the last place he had gone was to the vet.
We don't know if these ponies were taken to the vet last or what they are thinking. They didn't even try to load them in the trailer only to have the pony resist. They just didnt walk in when the trailer was opened to give them the option. If they had resisted when they were trying to load them it would be different imo.
And my dogs don't just jump in my truck when the door is open they jump in when I tell them to get in. I'm not going to leave them behind because they didn't jump in without being asked.
Slimshandy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:11 pm Not if that’s uncommon behavior for the animal to display.

I don’t know why people keep suggesting that a pony won’t know where it’s going or what it’s going to do…

If you have a dog, and you take it to the park every few days and it loves it, the dog is going to be excited to jump in the car when you open the door and call them in because it assumes you’re going to go to the park. If one day the dog refuses to get in, that’s a big sign there’s something wrong.

Horses are just as smart, if not smarter than dogs…and just as predictable to the owner who has had them for a long time.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:50 am I could see if they took the pony and when they got there the pony just was not having it and obviously something was wrong not using that pony.
But just because the pony didn't walk into the trailer when it was opened is ridiculous.
Slimshandy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:01 am We do take them to the vet when they don’t want to go…

What we DON’T do is put a child on an animal that could end up severely hurting them when we knew there was a problem.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Ok?
But the owner does know…

Just like you know what is normal behavior for your dogs, even though there is a different normal behavior for other dogs…

So if the owner doesn’t feel comfortable going to put kids on the animal, trust them…
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:01 pm And yet my one dog hates getting in the car no matter what. She doesn't go to the vet much it's usually to go hiking or camping which she loves but she hates car rides.
My other dog was hesitant to get in the car even though he loves car rides because the last place he had gone was to the vet.
We don't know if these ponies were taken to the vet last or what they are thinking. They didn't even try to load them in the trailer only to have the pony resist. They just didnt walk in when the trailer was opened to give them the option. If they had resisted when they were trying to load them it would be different imo.
And my dogs don't just jump in my truck when the door is open they jump in when I tell them to get in. I'm not going to leave them behind because they didn't jump in without being asked.
Slimshandy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:11 pm Not if that’s uncommon behavior for the animal to display.

Anonymous 3

Unread post

I find it weird that the farm owner posted all that on their social media.

Honestly, one of the ponies could have been collicky, lame, or just not feeling well and not wanting to get into the trailer is a nice way to tell people (especially kids) that the pony/ponies are unavailable.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I find it weird that the farm owner posted all that on their social media.

Honestly, one of the ponies could have been collicky, lame, or just not feeling well and not wanting to get into the trailer is a nice way to tell people (especially kids) that the pony/ponies are unavailable.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Yes, exactly. I would never be for forcing a pony who obviously did not want to do the ride but just because it won't walk into a trailer on its own is indeed ridiculous lol. We have to lead animals into their trailer, crate, barn, the car etc etc.

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:58 am Ok but this woman is advertising a pony riding business, taking a booking, then not showing up. It makes no sense. Don't have a pony business then. And if you needed to take your horse to the vet or move him somewhere would you lead them to the trailer or just put the door down and let them wonder in at their own choosing? We as people all the time make animals do things they may not want to do. Going to the vet, vaccines, grooming, getting neutered, boarding facility when we go on vacation etc.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Oh this farm owner has a certain reputation around town. She has no filter and quite frankly has a bad business ethic herself about certain things. She's weird as hell. People do go to her events but there are a lot of people around here who would never support her in any way.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:33 pm I find it weird that the farm owner posted all that on their social media.

Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:48 pm Oh this farm owner has a certain reputation around town. She has no filter and quite frankly has a bad business ethic herself about certain things. She's weird as hell. People do go to her events but there are a lot of people around here who would never support her in any way.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:33 pm I find it weird that the farm owner posted all that on their social media.

It could be that the pony ride owner failed to attend due to farm owner and farm owner is making a hare brained excuse to clear herself of any wrong doing. If pony ride business does multiple events, I would check out yelp reviews to see if cancelling is a common occurrence.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Well since she canceled twice on them for this reason I'd say that's not out of the ordinary for her animals.
Slimshandy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:13 pm Ok?
But the owner does know…

Just like you know what is normal behavior for your dogs, even though there is a different normal behavior for other dogs…

So if the owner doesn’t feel comfortable going to put kids on the animal, trust them…
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:01 pm And yet my one dog hates getting in the car no matter what. She doesn't go to the vet much it's usually to go hiking or camping which she loves but she hates car rides.

Anonymous 3

Unread post

Difficult loading of a pony or horse is absolutely a reason to investigate why. Colic, lameness/thrush, pain, even a bee sting are all things that are possible reasons for a pony being difficult to load and valid reasons to can cancel pony rides. Purely difficult to load seems really bizarre to me. I also think the farm owner may be taking some poetic license in explaining why there was the cancellation. It’s very possible that the pony owner didn’t like the terms of the contract, i.e. too many hours of continuous riding expected, weather conditions, etc.

Regardless, many of these pony riding operations are pretty abusive. I’d be glad to see an owner looking out for pony’s welfare rather than just looking at bottom line.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic