Easter

KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

If you celebrate, any plans?

We celebrate every year and I bake a ham with all the extras. I also prepare a basket every year for DD (17) .The only difference now is that it's filled with gift cards and Bath & Body Works stuff as opposed to candy, bubbles, jump ropes, and sidewalk chalk. Sigh.
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

We are heading to Pigeon Forge on Saturday. My eldest is a Titanic fanatic and has been asking for years to go to the museum. So we are taking the 7 hour road trip to spend Easter weekend in Tennessee. I will buy basket filler stuff and pack it in the car before we go.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Ohh it's going to be really nice here so I told my people we are not doing the traditional meal where I cook a turkey, ham, etc and we stay in. Instead I am picking up some Boar's head turkey from the deli for sandwiches, pasta salad, chips, and brownies and we are going to the beach all day. To my surprise everyone was so on board even my 87 year old Nana. We've done this before but it was a long time ago. The weather hasn't been as warm as it used to be this time of year in Eastern NC.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'm baking a ham for the first time. Wish me luck! No Easter basket this year. My son is "too mature" ( he's 11🙄).
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

cgd5112 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:55 am I'm baking a ham for the first time. Wish me luck! No Easter basket this year. My son is "too mature" ( he's 11🙄).
We still did baskets at that age, with lot's of Lego sets, gift cards, movie tickets, art supplies, sports stuff, etc. - and a bit of candy too.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

cgd5112 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:55 am I'm baking a ham for the first time. Wish me luck! No Easter basket this year. My son is "too mature" ( he's 11🙄).
Mine are in their 20's and I just got asked if we were still doing the Annual "Lindt Chocolate Bunny Cup" this year. I was like Ah, no you are adults.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Ooohh....I like the sports stuff idea. Since he's so "mature" now, a goodies bag may become the new Easter basket 😊
MonarchMom wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:40 am
We still did baskets at that age, with lot's of Lego sets, gift cards, movie tickets, art supplies, sports stuff, etc. - and a bit of candy too.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LOL! Maybe our son will come around to an Easter basket again once the "maturity" wears off 😉 I'm going to go for a goodies bag this year.

highlandmum wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:11 am
Mine are in their 20's and I just got asked if we were still doing the Annual "Lindt Chocolate Bunny Cup" this year. I was like Ah, no you are adults.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

cgd5112 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:06 am LOL! Maybe our son will come around to an Easter basket again once the "maturity" wears off 😉 I'm going to go for a goodies bag this year.

highlandmum wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:11 am
I have never done baskets. Ours is a chocolate Easter Egg hunt, where the person who finds the most chocolate eggs wins. The winner gets the coveted Lindt Chocolate Bunny and bragging rights for the year, all the other eggs are equally distributed between the three of them. In this house it is more competitive than the Stanley Cup Finals.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

We don't have family nearby to spend the day with and my kids are too old for the Easter bunny and eggs.
We will go to church, come home and do a nice meal together, and do Easter baskets. They're teenagers so their baskets are stuff I honestly would have bought anyways for our upcoming road trip and summer activities.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic