Easter

mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We typically go to church and then do an Easter egg hunt afterward. This year for some reason we had the egg hunt at church last week. My YDS was the only one who participated though. DD11 is apparently too old for things like that now. We have a ham to cook, and Iโ€™ll probably hide eggs for my youngest.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

We dye eggs in the morning and then go to church. After church my sisters kids come over and all of the kids go find their hidden baskets. We donโ€™t really get gifts for Easter, the baskets have a handful of candy and a small chocolate rabbit, then they use the bakery for their egg hunt in the backyard. Our older two, 12 and 13, donโ€™t do the egg hunt anymore so they get an Easter card. Then we have a spring meal.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The oldest is coming home from college on Friday night after work so she will be home for Easter. We will go to church, then we are going to my BIL's house. I have some candy for the girls, just a chocolate bunny and then a couple of boxes of their fave items ( Jr mints for the oldest and sour patch kids for youngest). I have no idea what else I'll get them though. I'm thinking a gas card for the oldest, but undecided on anything else.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

The plan is a barbecue with all of our usual side dishes and a couple of different desserts.... pineapple upside down cake and lemon meringue pie.

I'll get everyone's favorite types of candies in one Easter bucket for the adults here and we're also doing an Easter bucket for our grandson and his parent's, who've given us a list of their favorite goodies (lol).

BUT....if granddaughter is born on her Easter due date, it will be whatever is available at the hospital cafeteria and candy from the vending machines. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜†
just an old coot ๐Ÿ˜‰๐ŸŒต
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

No plans for Easter but it lands on Transgender Day of Visibility this year so we are going to a local TDOV event.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Weโ€™re having an Easter party this year, so itโ€™ll be about 20 people, ham, scalloped potatoes and Easter egg hunts
Anonymous 2

Unread post

It's just me. I'm going out to eat. May go to church if I can figure out where to go... Kind of dropped mine awhile back.
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This year I am doing a reading at a church and attending an esoteric ceremony. Last year was more fun, I did this virtual egg hunt at a local park:

I painted eggs in hidden locations all over the park. Our kids ran around looking for them with their phones and I handed out candy, toys and change for every egg they found and took a picture of. Then we went home and I left the chalk eggs in the park for a week, so other kids could do the egg hunt too. The next weekend I went back and washed it off.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

AZOldGal66 wrote: โ†‘Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:52 am The plan is a barbecue with all of our usual side dishes and a couple of different desserts.... pineapple upside down cake and lemon meringue pie.

I'll get everyone's favorite types of candies in one Easter bucket for the adults here and we're also doing an Easter bucket for our grandson and his parent's, who've given us a list of their favorite goodies (lol).

BUT....if granddaughter is born on her Easter due date, it will be whatever is available at the hospital cafeteria and candy from the vending machines. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜†
Aww that's so exciting. My dd was due on Easter and it was our anniversary that day too. My mom about drove me crazy acting like it was going to be a huge emergency if I went into labor during Easter dinner. She wasn't born until 15 days later.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: โ†‘Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:24 am This year I am doing a reading at a church and attending an esoteric ceremony. Last year was more fun, I did this virtual egg hunt at a local park:

I painted eggs in hidden locations all over the park. Our kids ran around looking for them with their phones and I handed out candy, toys and change for every egg they found and took a picture of. Then we went home and I left the chalk eggs in the park for a week, so other kids could do the egg hunt too. The next weekend I went back and washed it off.
That is amazing!
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic