Need ideas for food.

AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:58 pm
AZOldGal66 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:52 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:12 pm

Um, No. This is not something that works..sorry if my post wasn't clear. ..these are teens many of who drive and have their own jobs...but still have limited cash to spend. I'm not taking 9 teenagers to the grocery store to pick out what they want......I need potluck type ideas where the teens bring single items....for example someone mentioned dipping foods. So I could provide chicken nuggets...and one teen can bring tomatoes, or celery, or cheese, ranch dip, etc. Or a chili bar where I make the chili and the teens bring sour cream, cheese, a box of crackers or chips, etc. You're over complicating it.
I took the time to write out a reply to give suggestions.

Take them or leave them.

Seems you have figured this out. Cool beans!
I have a rather good idea. Taco bar, potato bar, chili, build your own pizza, pasta, etc. But was looking for ideas I might have over looked, for example the Poke bowl one was great and something I hadn't considered. It simply needs to be easy and something where each teen can contribute one or two items/ingredients to make a meal or main course without much prep work or cooking involved. The easier, the better.
I totally get it and understand. Sounds like it will be a lot of fun.
just an old coot 😉🌵
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Hot dog bar? Or maybe kids are too cool for hotdogs now? You could have cheese, chili, onions, peppers, jalapeños, relish, along with typical condiments like ketchup and mustard, and whatever else people put on hot dogs these days.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Soup bar? Yum bowls, which would be rice, beans, protein, sauce, assorted toppings. Breakfast bar? French toast, pancakes, waffles, fruit, meat, eggs?
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic