70 year old woman gives birth to twins

Anonymous 1

Unread post

This is just wrong and disgusting to do to these children. A woman in Uganda had IVF and gave birth to twins. What a quack doctor to do this. That would never happen here in the US thank god. The article says mid 50s is the cut off for IVF. Babies seem to be fine being born at 31 weeks. The woman also has a 3 year old. Ridiculous. Thoughts on this?

https://www.today.com/parents/babies/70 ... omga0HYNFc
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Meh. I'm not enraged about it.

While not ideal, it seems like she has a great support system.

In all honesty, I'd rather be born to a 70 year old woman who planned me than a 16 year old girl who slipped up.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Not my F***ing uterus.....I'm sure the woman was informed intensely on the dangers she faced regarding her pregnancy and possible complications and she decided the risk was worth it. I'm a firm supporter of a woman's right to CHOOSE regarding her own reproductive rights....that goes as much for choosing IVF in one's 70's as it does for abortion. Would I personally do it. No. I've decided I'm done having kids and that is MY choice. Her choice was to have more kids while she can even at her age.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

So you would rather have a dead mother than a young mother? You must have been joking. And the woman who previously held the oldest birth record was 66. She died 3 years later at the age of 69 leaving behind a 3 year old baby girl. How lovely. But I guess no mother is preferable to you lol!!
KendallsMom wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:16 am Meh. I'm not enraged about it.

In all honesty, I'd rather be born to a 70 year old woman who planned me than a 16 year old girl who slipped up.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:04 pm So you would rather have a dead mother than a young mother? You must have been joking. And the woman who previously held the oldest birth record was 66. She died 3 years later at the age of 69 leaving behind a 3 year old baby girl. How lovely. But I guess no mother is preferable to you lol!!

Do you foster? Have you adopted? There are plenty of children without mothers or fathers if you're so concerned about kids that don't have parents for one reason or another. Step up or shut up.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:07 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:04 pm So you would rather have a dead mother than a young mother? You must have been joking. And the woman who previously held the oldest birth record was 66. She died 3 years later at the age of 69 leaving behind a 3 year old baby girl. How lovely. But I guess no mother is preferable to you lol!!

Do you foster? Have you adopted? There are plenty of children without mothers or fathers if you're so concerned about kids that don't have parents for one reason or another. Step up or shut up.
No I do not foster or adopt. I have 4 biological children to care for. That's plenty. Do you agree with Kendall that you would have rather been born to a mother of 70 or to a 16yo teen mother?
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:52 pm

No I do not foster or adopt. I have 4 biological children to care for. That's plenty. Do you agree with Kendall that you would have rather been born to a mother of 70 or to a 16yo teen mother?
So shut your pie hole. I don't care how old my mother was when she had me. What matters is whether I was wanted and loved. Any mom can be crappy regardless of age. Likewise any mom can be wonderful regardless of age. The point remains, it's not your uterus or your body so keep your F***ing nose to yourself and out of other people's crotches.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:00 pm

So shut your pie hole. I don't care how old my mother was when she had me. What matters is whether I was wanted and lived. Any mom can be crappy regardless of age. Likewise any mom can be wonderful regardless of age. The point remains, it's not your uterus or your body so keep your F***ing nose to yourself and out of other people's crotches.
No. I will continue to make posts if I feel like it.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:07 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:00 pm

So shut your pie hole. I don't care how old my mother was when she had me. What matters is whether I was wanted and lived. Any mom can be crappy regardless of age. Likewise any mom can be wonderful regardless of age. The point remains, it's not your uterus or your body so keep your F***ing nose to yourself and out of other people's crotches.
No. I will continue to make posts if I feel like it.
Oh, feel free to make all the posts you want. But keep your condescending judgmental mouth shut in regards to other people's reproductive choices. Regardless of whether they are 16...or 70.
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Not ideal and given her age but I suspect that she probably has a network of people in her life who can pitch in.

God bless her and best wishes as well.
just an old coot 😉🌵
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic