Too afraid to go to the doctor

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I'm laying here petrified. I have had bathroom issues all my life when I was younger and a child all the way through highschool if i laughed I would urinate on myself. It was uncontrollable. I would be in highschool laughing at the table with my friends and all of a sudden im saturated in piss.I would wait until the entire cafeteria emptied out than I would wrap my jacket around my waist and run home.

I was able to stop this an adult I can now laugh and not urinate on myself however for the past year+ I have had frequent urination .No other symptoms but I was urinating every 30 minutes. I never went to the doctor for it.

A couple weeks ago I forced myself to go to the doctor i got a papsmear after not getting one for almost 10 years. The doctor said my uterus feels enlarged but it's not unusual .I had blood work done over a month ago and it said I had a UTI. I didn't go to the followup appointment .

I went to a different doctor yesterday and told them i had a uti and need medicine because I was still urinating frequently. He called back the same day after I gave urine and said there is no uti present. Im still peeing every hour though??

I go on youtube and first video i see is about bladder cancer.I never thought about bladder cancer or typed it into Google but yet this video was recommended to me. I watched the video and I'm terrified. I have nearly EVERY symptom the woman in the video talked about.

Im too terrified to go to the doctor and request a urologist. I just feel like they're going to say I have bladder cancer.

I just went to the bathroom again and i just went an hour prior.

I'm really scared .
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If you're scared now, how much more scared will you be when, if it is cancer, which is highly unlikely, you can't get treatment because it's spread too much?
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

A friend of mine’s Dd had problems with wetting herself. At first my friend was frustrated because she thought she was failing at teaching her to potty train. As she kept getting older, it got worse. Poor girls would cry on the floor afraid to move for fear of peeing herself. This frustrated my friend even more because she thought she was ignoring the signs or waiting to long. She ended up taking her to the Dr over it when she was 8. I do not remember the exact diagnosis, but there was a problem with her ureters. In addition, she wasn’t getting the signals to her brain correctly. She had surgery which helped some and I believe was prescribed a medication as well, this was years ago so I don’t remember all the details. The point is, you don’t know what the cause is and it may be something very treatable.
RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

When I was a small child, both of my ureters were curved in a way they shouldn't have been. It resulted in frequent urination and frequent UTIs. The doctors said that they would most likely straighten out on their own. Only one of them did. To this day, I am more prone to bladder problems.

It's very unlikely to be cancer of the bladder, especially since this has been going on for a long time. You are more likely to have a prolapsed bladder, or be pre-diabetic or something. But either way, it's better to catch it early.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

You do not have undiagnosed bladder cancer since you were a young child/high school. Stop being so dramatic.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Just a heads up, but that is also a sign of diabetes. I have type 2 ( recently diagnosed while in the hospital). I never had any of the symptoms..frequent urination, excessive thirst, etc..just an elevated a1c which my dr agrees with me was brought on by my eating/drinking habits from Aug to Oct as we had several out of town trips, I went to 3 concerts, several parties and drank more alcohol than I would normally drink in those three months. After testing my glucose levels for a month, it is almost to normal numbers with only a high fasting number..all others in in the normal range.
Nobody likes going to the doctor..However, you owe it to yourself and your family to get checked out so you can figure out what the issue is and get treatment. Diabetes alone can cause loss of eyesight, amputation of fingers/toes, as well as kidney issues that require dialysis. Please go to the doctor and any follow ups so that you have peace of mind and possibly can get some relief.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:26 am You do not have undiagnosed bladder cancer since you were a young child/high school. Stop being so dramatic.
If only you can stop being insensitive and rude
Anonymous 2

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:00 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:26 am You do not have undiagnosed bladder cancer since you were a young child/high school. Stop being so dramatic.
That's really hard to do when someone is being completely outrageous. I mean, read her post again.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:48 pm
mater-three wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:00 pm
That's really hard to do when someone is being completely outrageous. I mean, read her post again.
I read it the first time. She’s scared and not thinking straight.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic