Questions about coffee…

RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Honestly, I don't really care. I like it strong and creamy but not too sweet. I can't stand coffee that is too weak or too sweet. I want it to look and taste like coffee, not milk or sugar water.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm not terribly picky on coffee brand. When I'm buying it to make it at home I prefer Caribou if I can get it. Otherwise I've found Peet's is a good brand or Private Selection (which is a Kroger brand). I've also been known to buy Dunkin Donuts brand in their Turtle Love flavor. When I'm at the grocery store picking out a bag I'm looking at price as much as brand.

Lately I always drip brew it. I did french press for a while but I was having issues with grounds getting through into my cup of coffee and I hate grounds in my coffee, which is why I went back to drip. If I'm having it hot I add flavored creamer. If I'm having it cold I do flavored creamer and then about 30% milk to 70% coffee.

The one brand I mostly avoid is Starbucks. Blech.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We LOVE coffee! We have a Technivorm for drip, a french press, and a Nespresso for pods to make espresso. The pods are recycled- aluminum and grounds.
For drip we buy local- Small World Coffee. We orefer light roast beans.
For espresso, we use the Nespresso pods. We get a variety- Kenya, Ethiopia, Columbia, Brazil, Arabica... The company vets the beans. We use lowfat milk to froth for cappuccinos and a dash of cinnamon. Makes a pretty looking cup.
We're kinda thinking about a pour over like a Chemex ... We'll see
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Red Rooster is a great roaster! Lucky you, indeed! DH likes their Costa Rican beans and I like their Ethiopian beans. It's been a while since we've had their beans, though.
WellPreserved wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:01 pm
mommy_jules wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:41 pm What brand of coffee do you buy? How much do you spend on it? What roast level do you prefer? And if you buy from a local roaster, do you know what country of origin or region the coffee was grown? Also how do you prepare it (percolator, French press, espresso, etc.) and drink it (black, iced, with cream and sugar)?
Really fortunate that for a podunk small middle of no-where town we have an award winning coffee roaster - Red Rooster! I only buy their coffee and all their coffee is fair trade with a country of origin story for each roast. It's $20-$22 per 12oz bag and I go through a bag a week but am often given bags as gifts so don't need to purchase every week. I use an aeropress which I think makes a super cup of coffee and is less mess than other methods. When in a hurry, I use a Keurig. I drink coffee always - black, iced, with c&s, or as a shot of espresso. I drink coffee all day!

https://www.redroostercoffee.com/about-us
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Nice!!!
mommy_jules wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:33 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:01 pm
mommy_jules wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:41 pm What brand of coffee do you buy? How much do you spend on it? What roast level do you prefer? And if you buy from a local roaster, do you know what country of origin or region the coffee was grown? Also how do you prepare it (percolator, French press, espresso, etc.) and drink it (black, iced, with cream and sugar)?
Really fortunate that for a podunk small middle of no-where town we have an award winning coffee roaster - Red Rooster! I only buy their coffee and all their coffee is fair trade with a country of origin story for each roast. It's $20-$22 per 12oz bag and I go through a bag a week but am often given bags as gifts so don't need to purchase every week. I use an aeropress which I think makes a super cup of coffee and is less mess than other methods. When in a hurry, I use a Keurig. I drink coffee always - black, iced, with c&s, or as a shot of espresso. I drink coffee all day!

https://www.redroostercoffee.com/about-us
We roast our own, and have officially started selling it. I say we but DH does the roasting. It’s small batch, roasted when ordered for now. I’d drink coffee all day if I could, but the caffeine makes me anxious so nothing after noon.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I buy Folgers or Taster’s Choice. I have an old fashioned coffee maker. I take mine with creamer. Gave up sugar 40 years ago when my mother was diagnosed with diabetes. I like Keurig but i love the smell of coffee.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I buy Folgers or Taster’s Choice. I have an old fashioned coffee maker. I take mine with creamer. Gave up sugar 40 years ago when my mother was diagnosed with diabetes. I like Keurig but i love the smell of coffee.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 4

Unread post

Maxwell House and McCafe.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic