BM is taking us back to court

mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Is it because you had the new baby or because you suddenly think the kid is old enough to pay for it themselves? Hopefully the kid understands that they're old enough to support themselves, or doesn't hold it against you that you stopped paying for these things because you decided to have another child.

Unread post

mrsmacgiver wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:46 pm Is it because you had the new baby or because you suddenly think the kid is old enough to pay for it themselves? Hopefully the kid understands that they're old enough to support themselves, or doesn't hold it against you that you stopped paying for these things because you decided to have another child.
I'm sure the baby had a hand in it. But we are talking about an 18 yo with a full time job
BlueberryMuffin
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:12 am Why is an 18yo who is working full time even a part of a child support order??
In my state it’s 18 OR graduated high school which ever comes LAST

As turned 18 in June. He’s going to be a senior in the fall so dh will be paying child support until he’s 19
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

JaniceLitman wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:55 pm
MrsDavidB wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:12 am Why is an 18yo who is working full time even a part of a child support order??

As turned 18 in June. He’s going to be a senior in the fall so dh will be paying child support until he’s 19
Right I can see if still in high school. But this lady said the kid is already working full time and lives home rent free. I assume he has graduated HS if he is working that much and she talked about rent.
BlueberryMuffin
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:59 pm
JaniceLitman wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:55 pm

Right I can see if still in high school. But this lady said the kid is already working full time and lives home rent free. I assume he has graduated HS if he is working that much and she talked about rent.
Maybe just full time in the summer?

Ss had a job working at target and he worked full time in the summer and part time during school.

But of course I don’t know op’s situation
eyes4ears
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

destinyangl21 wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:20 pm Since we had DD we stopped paying for things that were outside of the court order. We will buy clothes and school supplies, but things such as cars, car insurance, cell phones for the oldest two. SD is old enough to get a job to pay for her cell phone and her car insurance and gas. SS18 is making 13 an hour and is working 40 hours a week plus he lives with us rent free.

When the support was ordered DH was only making 30k and that was almost 9 years ago.

Now he makes 42k and she makes 26 an hour as a part time RN. (She works two days a week, sometimes three but "can't handle" working full time.)

I don't know if the child support is going to go up or not, it might since she is wokring part time I just think its bullshit. She needs to support her kids too it shouldn't all be on DH.
Is the 18 yo still in hs? Is he going to college?
Are there only the 2 kids receiving cs? Or other kids?
What are the co?
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Original Poster, you said your husband's ex-wife ""can't handle" working full time." For the purpose of these discussions, can you define "can't handle"?

Regarding your husband's income rising...When my husband's income rose annually, we just raised the amount he gave his EX and continued to follow whatever else the court order had dictated.

My recommendation to you would be to try very hard to not even worry about what your husband's ex is doing/not doing. In my marriage, my husband and I NOT worrying about what his ex wife was doing/not doing saved US a lot of unnecessary debates, discussions, arguments, and energy. And it allowed us to focus on US. Save your energy so that you can expend it on fun moments with your HUSBAND! Don't waste it on resentment over whatever it is she is doing/not doing. :)

Best wishes.
destinyangl21
Lady in Waiting
Lady in Waiting

Unread post

eyes4ears wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:23 pm
destinyangl21 wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:20 pm Since we had DD we stopped paying for things that were outside of the court order. We will buy clothes and school supplies, but things such as cars, car insurance, cell phones for the oldest two. SD is old enough to get a job to pay for her cell phone and her car insurance and gas. SS18 is making 13 an hour and is working 40 hours a week plus he lives with us rent free.

When the support was ordered DH was only making 30k and that was almost 9 years ago.

Now he makes 42k and she makes 26 an hour as a part time RN. (She works two days a week, sometimes three but "can't handle" working full time.)

I don't know if the child support is going to go up or not, it might since she is wokring part time I just think its bullshit. She needs to support her kids too it shouldn't all be on DH.
Is the 18 yo still in hs? Is he going to college?
Are there only the 2 kids receiving cs? Or other kids?
What are the co?
SS was in college but dropped out once he got a job and started working full time. We have helped him with college expenses too.

I dont think my DD is better or more special than his kids. But they need to learn responsibility and I dont think asking them to pay their own cell phone bill is asking that much or having them do things to try to earn the money.
destinyangl21
Lady in Waiting
Lady in Waiting

Unread post

mrsmacgiver wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:46 pm Is it because you had the new baby or because you suddenly think the kid is old enough to pay for it themselves? Hopefully the kid understands that they're old enough to support themselves, or doesn't hold it against you that you stopped paying for these things because you decided to have another child.
I still help pay for things but they have to do things to earn it. My SD babysits a lot and I pay her every time she babysits.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I thought you were a nurse, if you are the lady that is married to the verbally abusive ugly ass old man
Locked Previous topicNext topic