My son's English teacher just does not get it

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My son started his junior year last week. He plays football and basketball. Since middle school he hasnt had to do homework during season. Every other teacher gets it. I know I will get bad mouthed for this. During season he gets no lower then an 80% on tests and he also never does homework.

He is a star player. I know he and his team gets special treatment.

Well this years English teacher will not budge. She isn't what you earn in her class is what you get.

On Friday she wanted a paper wriiten about what you wanted to accomplish in your junior year.

My son didnt do it of course. My son called me Friday saying he was getting a 0 unless he hands it in Monday. I emailed the teacher and told her Id be calling a meeting.

Last night I had a meeting with the teacher the principal and my son. She will not budge and the principal said he can't make her. She was a little snobby her last words were to my son was Im sorry your other teachers are failing you but I am.

For him to get a passing grade on this assignment he not only needs to do the first assignment but he also needs to write about what he likes besides sports

We started the paper last night. Instead of doing his work out this moring he needs to write this paper.

She is a very lived teacher. But she is against athletes .
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Well good. Now if your son breaks a leg and can no longer play football at least he will be able to write.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

It sounds like you’ve babied your son, and he has no clue how to multitask. There is no reason he can’t do homework. TONS of athletes all over the country manage to do both.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:40 am Well good. Now if your son breaks a leg and can no longer play football at least he will be able to write.
You sound like the teacher. She says he hopes he makes it in the sport but if not he needs a back up.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:41 am It sounds like you’ve babied your son, and he has no clue how to multitask. There is no reason he can’t do homework. TONS of athletes all over the country manage to do both.
He isn't babied. His other teachers just understand.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:45 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:40 am Well good. Now if your son breaks a leg and can no longer play football at least he will be able to write.
You sound like the teacher. She says he hopes he makes it in the sport but if not he needs a back up.
And you don't think he needs a back up? You think he is going to go on and play in the NFL?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I can't empathize. I've told my kids unless the teacher is vindictive or abusive you do as you're told. It's her classroom and her rules.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:38 am My son started his junior year last week. He plays football and basketball. Since middle school he hasnt had to do homework during season. Every other teacher gets it. I know I will get bad mouthed for this. During season he gets no lower then an 80% on tests and he also never does homework.

He is a star player. I know he and his team gets special treatment.

Well this years English teacher will not budge. She isn't what you earn in her class is what you get.

On Friday she wanted a paper wriiten about what you wanted to accomplish in your junior year.

My son didnt do it of course. My son called me Friday saying he was getting a 0 unless he hands it in Monday. I emailed the teacher and told her Id be calling a meeting.

Last night I had a meeting with the teacher the principal and my son. She will not budge and the principal said he can't make her. She was a little snobby her last words were to my son was Im sorry your other teachers are failing you but I am.

For him to get a passing grade on this assignment he not only needs to do the first assignment but he also needs to write about what he likes besides sports

We started the paper last night. Instead of doing his work out this moring he needs to write this paper.

She is a very lived teacher. But she is against athletes .
Ok
You’ve got to be trolling us.
This doesn’t happen.
Oh and- she’s a very lived teacher?
Omg, posts get more ridiculous and subnormal all the time in this group
🙄
KaiandKadensMama
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I side with the teacher here. I don’t agree with athletes getting exempt from school work.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Oh brother..
Every athlete parent I know ( and I know a ton of them as I have athletes myself) knows that academics is first. Period. End of story. If you don't do the work- you don't play. Period. It has been that way since I was a kid in the "Dark Ages"..or rather the 80's/90's. Athletes are not anything super special and need to do the work to pass. At least it was a new trolling subject.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Locked Previous topicNext topic