My son's English teacher just does not get it

Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

On this episode of Today In Trollville...

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:38 am My son started his junior year last week. He plays football and basketball. Since middle school he hasnt had to do homework during season. Every other teacher gets it. I know I will get bad mouthed for this. During season he gets no lower then an 80% on tests and he also never does homework.

He is a star player. I know he and his team gets special treatment.

Well this years English teacher will not budge. She isn't what you earn in her class is what you get.

On Friday she wanted a paper wriiten about what you wanted to accomplish in your junior year.

My son didnt do it of course. My son called me Friday saying he was getting a 0 unless he hands it in Monday. I emailed the teacher and told her Id be calling a meeting.

Last night I had a meeting with the teacher the principal and my son. She will not budge and the principal said he can't make her. She was a little snobby her last words were to my son was Im sorry your other teachers are failing you but I am.

For him to get a passing grade on this assignment he not only needs to do the first assignment but he also needs to write about what he likes besides sports

We started the paper last night. Instead of doing his work out this moring he needs to write this paper.

She is a very lived teacher. But she is against athletes .
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My son is a great athlete
But school work comes first. Period.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Perfect! 👏😊
Msprekteacher wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:52 am On this episode of Today In Trollville...

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:38 am My son started his junior year last week. He plays football and basketball. Since middle school he hasnt had to do homework during season. Every other teacher gets it. I know I will get bad mouthed for this. During season he gets no lower then an 80% on tests and he also never does homework.

He is a star player. I know he and his team gets special treatment.

Well this years English teacher will not budge. She isn't what you earn in her class is what you get.

On Friday she wanted a paper wriiten about what you wanted to accomplish in your junior year.

My son didnt do it of course. My son called me Friday saying he was getting a 0 unless he hands it in Monday. I emailed the teacher and told her Id be calling a meeting.

Last night I had a meeting with the teacher the principal and my son. She will not budge and the principal said he can't make her. She was a little snobby her last words were to my son was Im sorry your other teachers are failing you but I am.

For him to get a passing grade on this assignment he not only needs to do the first assignment but he also needs to write about what he likes besides sports

We started the paper last night. Instead of doing his work out this moring he needs to write this paper.

She is a very lived teacher. But she is against athletes .
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Oh well.. This little bump in his life will build characters.. He will survive and be a better person and player.
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No school would allow this. No way in heck. ALL schools/teachers/coaches stress academics for athletes. 0/10
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
Superbutt
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Lol, okay, well he needs to learn to balance homework and workouts/games. Just because some kids aren't athletes doesn't mean they have nothing else going on aside from school. Time management is a good skill to have
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Your kids do karate. That’s not remotely the same.
mcginnisc wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:52 am Oh brother..
Every athlete parent I know ( and I know a ton of them as I have athletes myself) knows that academics is first. Period. End of story. If you don't do the work- you don't play. Period. It has been that way since I was a kid in the "Dark Ages"..or rather the 80's/90's. Athletes are not anything super special and need to do the work to pass. At least it was a new trolling subject.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Sounds like a good teacher to me. Athletes don't deserve special treatment just because they can run around a cow pasture. You're trolling anyway.
NiamhWitch

Unread post

This seems like a troll post.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

I'm with the teacher.
I'm sorry you think your kids high school years are going to be the best in his life.
You're setting him up for failure. Good job.
Locked Previous topicNext topic