Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:38 am
Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:53 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:18 pm I have nosy neighbors. They watch and listen closely to everything then gossip. One of my neighbors is my relative and the most nosy of all. My dh is an old ugly fool and he's been talking to the woman next door. They talk and laugh and carry on for a long time then comes in the house an badmouths her to me about how dumb she is and how he can't stand her. This moron thinks I'm stupid. She's a good looking woman and he likes her. What I'm annoyed about is all the gossipers talking about it... My family is hearing all about it from my nosey relative who is the biggest gossip around. I can't help but feel embarrassed by it.
You married the old ugly fool, what does that say about you?
I didn't have parents that cared or taught me anything. I married at 17. I was young and painfully dumb. I hope you're teaching your kids to make good choices, but judging by your question you're a person of lesser integrity too.
She's got a point. It's not a good sign if you think of your dh as an ugly old fool. Maybe He knows and so chats with a woman because she's friendly. If it were me I wouldn't give two fucks what anyone thought was going on. If the neighbors are that bored they can discuss me all day. Chances are your neighbors really don't care. It's you that cares and you need to decide if you want to improve your marriage, keep the status quo or end it.
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The problem isn't gossip or your neighbor, it is your husband.
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

You need to have a talk with your husband. If it bothers you that he's laughing and talking with her, then that is a whole other issue. You need to tell him you don't like it. Then you need to tell him it's not okay to do it where others can see it, and tell him why.

He doesn't like her boyfriend, and I'm sure the boyfriend knows it. So there is no reason for her to treat him any different. He's trying to get somewhere with her, and he's trying to throw you off the scent by bad mouthing her.

Anonymous 2

Unread post

Yep. That's me. The foolish one.

Just because a man talks to, looks at, or laughs with a woman other than his spouse does not mean he's going to be jumping in the sack with that woman.
RealisticBeauty wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:20 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:24 pm Maybe she is a good looking woman. But maybe your DH does think she's dumb. And maybe, even though he talks and laughs with her, he doesn't like her. Stranger things have happened.
That's foolish. OP your intuition is right.
Locked Previous topicNext topic