First day of school unhappies :(

Anonymous 1

Unread post

A just turned 20 year old stole my wallet and spent hundreds on my credit cards a few months ago. This is the second time for him according to the court records. They caught him and I got a subpeona last week. Yay! Except its the first day of school, so I'm going to miss it. And I just got custody of two kids who are going to the school in my neighborhood for the first time. Its a big thing to miss this. I feel like the guy who stole my wallet is causing me extra grief. :(
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Call the courts, you may not even need to actually attend.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:37 pm A just turned 20 year old stole my wallet and spent hundreds on my credit cards a few months ago. This is the second time for him according to the court records. They caught him and I got a subpeona last week. Yay! Except its the first day of school, so I'm going to miss it. And I just got custody of two kids who are going to the school in my neighborhood for the first time. Its a big thing to miss this. I feel like the guy who stole my wallet is causing me extra grief. :(
Do you have a lawyer? If so ask them to reschedule.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:50 pm Call the courts, you may not even need to actually attend.

I just looked him up. He's got a whole list! 8 or so things for the day I'm there and another 6 or so 3 days later. I'm only part of it. I will definitely call them. I hope you're right.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:51 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:37 pm A just turned 20 year old stole my wallet and spent hundreds on my credit cards a few months ago. This is the second time for him according to the court records. They caught him and I got a subpeona last week. Yay! Except its the first day of school, so I'm going to miss it. And I just got custody of two kids who are going to the school in my neighborhood for the first time. Its a big thing to miss this. I feel like the guy who stole my wallet is causing me extra grief. :(

I'm a witness for the state. Its not actually me against him.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:52 pm
Fullxbusymom wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:50 pm Call the courts, you may not even need to actually attend.

I just looked him up. He's got a whole list! 8 or so things for the day I'm there and another 6 or so 3 days later. I'm only part of it. I will definitely call them. I hope you're right.
A few years ago a man running from the police ran down my fence. I got a subpoena as well and I contacted them and they said I didn't need to attend since there was nothing that they needed from me for the case.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:01 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:52 pm

A few years ago a man running from the police ran down my fence. I got a subpoena as well and I contacted them and they said I didn't need to attend since there was nothing that they needed from me for the case.

Thank you! I'm glad it worked out for you. Maybe I'll be as lucky.

Its terrible this guy just had his 20th birthday last month and is already a felon with tons more charges coming up. He has a baby daughter too.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:53 pm
That happened to me only not as bad. A woman stole from my handbag while I was shopping. I didn’t see her do it but security was watching her.

I got a letter from the court stating I was required to show up for court and if I didn’t there would be a warrant for my arrest. I sat in a room and after an hour they came and told me she admitted it and agreed to pay it back so no need for court.

You should contact the prosecutor’s office and see if they can reschedule. I doubt it though.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:06 pm

That happened to me only not as bad. A woman stole from my handbag while I was shopping. I didn’t see her do it but security was watching her.

I got a letter from the court stating I was required to show up for court and if I didn’t there would be a warrant for my arrest. I sat in a room and after an hour they came and told me she admitted it and agreed to pay it back so no need for court.

You should contact the prosecutor’s office and see if they can reschedule. I doubt it though.

Wow. Did you get the money she stole back?

I don't think they'd reschedule. There is a long list of charges that they're going through that day. :(
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:11 pm
Lemons wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:06 pm

Wow. Did you get the money she stole back?

I don't think they'd reschedule. There is a long list of charges that they're going through that day. :(
Of course not. It was under $100 so not as much of an ordeal like you went through. But the state decides whether to press charges or not, I wouldn’t have wasted my time.

I’m sure they want this person prosecuted so they probably won’t reschedule. Your hope now will be that it’s not continued. Good luck.
Locked Previous topicNext topic