If my ex wants the kids to have car insurance he can pay for it himself

Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:05 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:04 pm
MrsDavidB wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:00 pm

So you’re just going to leave us hanging?

I'm just not that type. I will say said person's actions after I made this comment made me think so even more.
You just dont want to be proven wrong. People accidentally liking posts doesnt mean they are the OP

Oh for goodness sake.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I feel your children want the responsibility of driving they should be paying for auto insurance not the parents.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:27 pm What happens if they damage someone else's car or property?
That would be covered under the comprehensive insurance.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:37 pm You're not going to get helpful responses here because insurance in Australia is nothing like how it is here in the US. Just reading what you've responded with so far, I can't even comprehend. A teen would have no where near enough money to cover someone else's damages. That's why insurance is REQUIRED in the US. Everyone who registers a vehicle is responsible for obtaining insurance for said vehicle, including to cover damages to someone else's vehicle, and nothing comes with the registration. Insurance is obtained through third parties.
Not true not every state requires insurance, mine doesn't.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Bm, stepmoms, ex all suck.

Have a nice night.
I shit glitter
Anonymous 7

Unread post

I couldn't imagine not paying for insurance (my kid pays for her own at almost 20) to cover any damage to another vehicle or her own. She's worked since she was 15 and definitely doesn't have that kind of money to pay for damages.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:38 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:27 pm What happens if they damage someone else's car or property?
They would be liable for whatever damage there is
So... you would rather your child be liable in an accident, and possibly have to pay a lot of money to someone that was injured, than to just get insurance that would cover that? Your logic is way off. I would help pay for the insurance for my kids.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

agander2017 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:40 am
So... you would rather your child be liable in an accident, and possibly have to pay a lot of money to someone that was injured, than to just get insurance that would cover that? Your logic is way off. I would help pay for the insurance for my kids.
It is different than what you are used no... My logic is not off

They wouldn't have to pay if someone is injured
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:46 am

But they would be liable for any damage caused... so they would have to pay for that out of pocket. They should pay part of it, but I would help pay the rest of it with their dad. Just because I wouldn't want them to have to pay a lot of money if there was an accident.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

agander2017 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:48 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:46 am

But they would be liable for any damage caused... so they would have to pay for that out of pocket. They should pay part of it, but I would help pay the rest of it with their dad. Just because I wouldn't want them to have to pay a lot of money if there was an accident.
I'm not worried about it. If my ex wants them to have it so bad he can pay. As far as I know he has never even had insurance. He didn't have it the whole time we were together
Locked Previous topicNext topic