If my ex wants the kids to have car insurance he can pay for it himself

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:37 pm You're not going to get helpful responses here because insurance in Australia is nothing like how it is here in the US. Just reading what you've responded with so far, I can't even comprehend. A teen would have no where near enough money to cover someone else's damages. That's why insurance is REQUIRED in the US. Everyone who registers a vehicle is responsible for obtaining insurance for said vehicle, including to cover damages to someone else's vehicle, and nothing comes with the registration. Insurance is obtained through third parties.
It's okay. I was mostly just venting

I know it isn't required everywhere in the US but I won't pretend like I know a ton about insurance
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:39 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:10 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:07 pm

Your minor’s have enough money to foot $12,000 or more in totaled damages? What is minimum wage in Australia? 😂
No they dont have that much. They would go to court and deal with it like anyone else. A lot of people here do not pay for additional insurance. In fact I dont know anyone personally who does

Minimum wage here is just under $19.

Today i learned many Australian drivers are irresponsible.
Things being different doesn't mean we are irresponsible. 😂
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:41 pm

No they dont have that much. They would go to court and deal with it like anyone else. A lot of people here do not pay for additional insurance. In fact I dont know anyone personally who does

It's irresponsible to drive if you don't carry enough insurance to cover the damage you could cause driving.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:43 pm

It's irresponsible to drive if you don't carry enough insurance to cover the damage you could cause driving.
If this is true I suppose if you visit Australia you'd better spring for that additional insurance on your car rental.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:43 pm

Worst case I would pay out of pocket. I have never had an accident. Our driver training is better and more extensive than the stuff in the US
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:07 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:03 pm

With their money from their jobs.
Your minor’s have enough money to foot $12,000 or more in totaled damages? What is minimum wage in Australia? 😂

What happens if they can't pay for the damages?
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:31 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:04 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:53 pm Australia troll strikes again.
How am I a troll?

Huh. I wonder if the person who liked my response (presumably by mistake) and promptly unliked it is you.
So you’re just going to leave us hanging?
Anonymous 3

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:00 pm

How am I a troll?

Huh. I wonder if the person who liked my response (presumably by mistake) and promptly unliked it is you.

I'm just not that type. I will say said person's actions after I made this comment made me think so even more.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:53 pm Australia troll strikes again.
How am I a troll?

That was me. I was going to quote you and hit like by mistake. I unliked it but got sidetracked before I could make the comment.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:04 pm
MrsDavidB wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:00 pm

I'm just not that type. I will say said person's actions after I made this comment made me think so even more.
You just dont want to be proven wrong. People accidentally liking posts doesnt mean they are the OP
Locked Previous topicNext topic