Well that wasn't fun

Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:31 pm Im glad she wasnt seriously hurt but if mine pulled a dumb stunt like this they would be grounded for a very long time
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:10 pm Earlier my daughter was horsing around in the kitchen trying to jump and get something off the fridge. I told her to stop and she did so I went to go put the laundry away. I heard a big thud and she was trying to get something else off the fridge and fell on her wrist. She was crying a bit and said she couldn't move it but that's always her reaction to falling. I had her sit down and I looked at it and it was already swelling and bruising and looked like it could be broken or fractured. I wanted to avoid the ER because it's 30 mins away and no matter the problem unless it's life or death you wait 5 plus hours. I called her Dr who mentioned that I could bring her in but the soonest appointment was after the x-ray place they would send us to was closed. She suggested the urgent care who had an xray and they would send us to an ortho if it was broken. So we went and despite the drs surprise she has a bad sprain. She even had the radiologist look to see if there were any tiny fractures. She gave her a brace and told her to take it easy and if after 2 weeks it still hurts and is swollen go see an ortho. I'm glad it's nt broken or fractured but she's still being punished for not listening and hopefully she learned a lesson about listening and do what your told.
It depends on the age of the child. If her 5 year old did that it’s her fault. If the child was 10 that’s a completely different situation.

ETA - “her fault” means it’s the mom’s fault.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:30 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:31 pm Im glad she wasnt seriously hurt but if mine pulled a dumb stunt like this they would be grounded for a very long time
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:10 pm Earlier my daughter was horsing around in the kitchen trying to jump and get something off the fridge. I told her to stop and she did so I went to go put the laundry away. I heard a big thud and she was trying to get something else off the fridge and fell on her wrist. She was crying a bit and said she couldn't move it but that's always her reaction to falling. I had her sit down and I looked at it and it was already swelling and bruising and looked like it could be broken or fractured. I wanted to avoid the ER because it's 30 mins away and no matter the problem unless it's life or death you wait 5 plus hours. I called her Dr who mentioned that I could bring her in but the soonest appointment was after the x-ray place they would send us to was closed. She suggested the urgent care who had an xray and they would send us to an ortho if it was broken. So we went and despite the drs surprise she has a bad sprain. She even had the radiologist look to see if there were any tiny fractures. She gave her a brace and told her to take it easy and if after 2 weeks it still hurts and is swollen go see an ortho. I'm glad it's nt broken or fractured but she's still being punished for not listening and hopefully she learned a lesson about listening and do what your told.
It depends on the age of the child. If her 5 year old did that it’s her fault. If the child was 10 that’s a completely different situation.

ETA - “her fault” means it’s the mom’s fault.
She's 10 and has been told before not to be jumping to get things.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I wouldn’t punish beyond the natural consequence. I don’t see the point in a double punishment.
Locked Previous topicNext topic