I know it is none of my business. But I don't understand

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I know a ton of people in my area who let their kids drive without a license, with a permit only, or allow them to drive multiple friends around even though it is against the law. My dd had some friends come over the other day. The one that drove over is 15 and has a permit only. She drove across town with four other girls over to my house. None of the girls had a license. I know of several people who allow this.

It just baffles me. My dd will have her license soon. If I find out she isn't following the rules, that license will be mine.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

There are lots of shitbag parents out there.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

My 14 year old DD drives to school with a permit but it's legal.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:38 pm My 14 year old DD drives to school with a permit but it's legal.
If it is legal where you live then I don't see an issue. I just don't understand parents basically encouraging their child to break the law.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Those parents have F***ing screw loose. What they don't realize are the consequences if she/he were in an accident the likelihood is astronomical without the experience. What happens if she kills someone in that car or hits someone else. Insurance will not cover anything and the parents will be legally liable for any damage and medical bills and lose everything they have.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I was kicking rooster tails at nine.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I know someone who was letting her 10 year old drive down a major street with a 55 mph speed limit because he thought it was fun. I may have mentioned it to a police officer friend who put a stop to that one.
Ridiculous.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:28 pm I know a ton of people in my area who let their kids drive without a license, with a permit only, or allow them to drive multiple friends around even though it is against the law. My dd had some friends come over the other day. The one that drove over is 15 and has a permit only. She drove across town with four other girls over to my house. None of the girls had a license. I know of several people who allow this.

It just baffles me. My dd will have her license soon. If I find out she isn't following the rules, that license will be mine.
Those teens have dumbass parents and if caught the teens and their parents will pay the price.
Im big on obeying all laws, rules and regulations. My oldest kids would have never even thought to do something so stupid because they know what my reaction would be.
I would call the cops and report the teens driving illegally. Doing so could possibly save someone's life
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

This is for the first 6 months after a teen gets their drivers' license in my state.

For the first six months, a teen with a graduated driver license cannot drive between the hours of midnight to 5 a.m. unless one of these conditions is met:
- A parent or legal guardian who has a valid driver license is sitting in the front passenger seat.
- The teen is driving to or from a sanctioned school sponsored activity, sanctioned religious activity, place of employment or family emergency.
A teen with a Graduated Driver License shall not drive a motor vehicle containing more than one passenger under the age of 18 unless one of these conditions is met:
- The passengers are the teen driver's siblings.
- The teen driver is accompanied by a parent or legal guardian with a valid driver license who occupies the front passenger seat.

It's a little different for me because when I was 16 and got my license, it was just a license. There were no restrictions. A 16yo with their license was no different than a 36yo with their license.
That being said, my boys will follow the rules because this is the state we live in and those are the rules enforced. It's not worth them potentially losing their license to break the rules.
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The parents better hope nothing happens. A guy here was just charged with criminally negligent homicide because he let his kid drive and she killed someone. Some articles say she’s 13, and some say 12.

https://abc13.com/dad-of-12-year-old-dr ... d/5472732/
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Locked Previous topicNext topic