I know it is none of my business. But I don't understand

JoJo728
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Any parent who lets their teen drive without a proper license/training is playing with fire.

These kids are not covered by insurance. If they get into an accident, it will be all on the parents to pay as it will not be covered under insurance. And that is only the financial responsibility. There is a reason that teens have laws/regulations governing when they can drive and with whom. Because they are not yet emotionally mature to understand consequences. God help these kids emotionally and physically if something happens to them, one of their passengers or another car.

In my state, you cannot get your license until you are 16.5. You get a permit at 16 and can only drive with a license driver. Even after you get your license at 16.5, you cannot drive any passengers except siblings under the age of 18 for 6 months. This is to give these new drivers time to adjust to driving and to learn how to block out passengers, distractions, etc.

I think many think that driving is easy and it is after doing it for decades. We know reaction time, how to deal with road conditions, etc. But new drivers don't have that "muscle memory" yet. These parents are foolish to think that their kids can handle this. Even the most responsible teen needs that adjustment period.
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That’s insane. I would never let my kid drive unlicensed.
Crystalina
Countess
Countess

Unread post

It is your business though. The public is at risk. Rat them out.
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We did it but no one ever knew. I wouldn’t drive without a license now.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I would have called the cops and tow trucks
Oliviasmom72
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Those are shitty parents. wow. My kids are not driving until at least 16 and they have to show responsibility and good grades.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I wouldn’t do it, my kids need to show responsibility and go grades
My friend was driving us to school at 13. Her parents didn’t care what she did
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Emandab
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

famousglm714 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:52 pm We did it but no one ever knew. I wouldn’t drive without a license now.
I grew up in a town of 400. I used to take the car and drive around town (literally 4 blocks by 5 blocks);at 15, before and after I got my permit. I was dying to get behind the wheel! I did not leave town illegally though. But yeah, my.kids will be following the rules.
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

I drove for the first time when I was 12. I think my daughter might have been about that age the first time she tried to drive, but that was out in the middle of nowhere. I grew up on the farm, so I really dont see the issue. All of the kids I grew up with were driving way before it was time. Around here, it is common to see underage driving. I think there might have been a time or two my daughter's friends drove themselves over to the house. I was more concerned about whether or not they had permission to drive, than I was the legalities.
Kikibix
Countess
Countess

Unread post

The parents don’t know. I’m always amazed at how much lying these goody goody kids with strict parents do lol.
Locked Previous topicNext topic