BM is sad because I wouldnt bring the kids by her house before the first day of school

Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:23 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:57 pm It's one day and it's important, I would have made the effort to take them there.
If it was so important she could have come to see them. None of the kids wanted to have to leave over an hour earlier than normal.
She doesn't have a car you said.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:02 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:57 pm It's one day and it's important, I would have made the effort to take them there.
She should have made the effort. It's out of the way and would have required the kids get up at least an hour early. If she wanted to see the kids she should have gotten up early and driven to see them.
She doesn't have a car. She does not have that choice.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:05 pm
It is not that damn important. Kids have a first day of school every year. Its not a once in a lifetime event. If it was so important then why did mom not make the effort
Maybe not to you, but it is to her and to many other parents. The mom doesn't have a car, it isn't that simple for her.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:40 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:23 pm
If it was so important she could have come to see them. None of the kids wanted to have to leave over an hour earlier than normal.
She doesn't have a car you said.
There are other ways. If it was so important she should have made the effort.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:41 pm
It is not that damn important. Kids have a first day of school every year. Its not a once in a lifetime event. If it was so important then why did mom not make the effort
Maybe not to you, but it is to her and to many other parents. The mom doesn't have a car, it isn't that simple for her.
Yes the f**k it is. She knew when the first day of school is. Its announced months in advance. She had plenty of time to arrange to see her kids on the first day of school without causing a scene with SM. This is on her and nobody else.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Friends, family, Uber, taxi, Lyft, bus

There were tons of ways for her to come see them. She didn't make an effort
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:40 pm
Dylexsmommy wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:02 pm
She should have made the effort. It's out of the way and would have required the kids get up at least an hour early. If she wanted to see the kids she should have gotten up early and driven to see them.
She doesn't have a car. She does not have that choice.
She should have made an effort to see them the night before. Uber. Rode a bike. Begged a ride. Etc.
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don’t have time for anything extra in the morning. I can’t imagine crying over something like this.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

...And what about the many, many parents who can not see the child off to the first day and not even due to divorce but they are already at work and the other parent/sitter/before care program takes them? Are you saying those parents are shit? I don't know a single couple who both takes off to watch their child year after year go to school.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:50 pm

...And what about the many, many parents who can not see the child off to the first day and not even due to divorce but they are already at work and the other parent/sitter/before care program takes them? Are you saying those parents are shit? I don't know a single couple who both takes off to watch their child year after year go to school.
Where did I say those parents are shit? I said that this is something that obviously means a lot to her, so I would make the effort. A little kindness goes a long way.
Locked Previous topicNext topic