Would you slash your own tire so it would be covered by insurance?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

DS decided to slash one of his tires so he could get his tires replaced. Someone tried slashing all four of his tires but they were unsuccessful with the last one. His insurance policy only covers the replacement of 1 or 4 tires not 2 or 3. At first I thought he was crazy but now I think it makes sense. I think it is pretty stupid to not cover what tires are needed. On my insurance policy they will cover what needs to be covered when it comes to tires.

He wants to switch insurance policies to something different after this policy is done.

Now he has four new tires and instead of wasting money buying two tires he got some security cameras. The police said that he is not the first person who had his tires slashed this week alone. It is a nice area but they think it is teenagers F***ing around.

Would you have just had one tire replaced by insurance and bought two more or just slashed the fourth one?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Honestly, yes. It's stupid that insurances don't cover every tire slashed. A lot of jackasses know this and will purposely slash 3 thinking someone wouldn't slash their own tire since it's technically fraud.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

No, because that's insurance fraud.
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

I'd have to read my policy first.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

iamanon wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:36 am I'd have to read my policy first.
Your policy says it will replace 1 or 4 tires. (in this hypothetical situation) What would you do? Slash the one tire or pay for two tires yourself?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:33 am No, because that's insurance fraud.
Technically it is but there is no way they can actually find out.
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

If I could not get 3 tires replaced because they didn't cut the fourth, you best believe I'm cutting the fourth. I pay for that insurance and it's stupid to pay for insurance and have to pay to replace the tires too.
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AllofFive19 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:44 am If I could not get 3 tires replaced because they didn't cut the fourth, you best believe I'm cutting the fourth. I pay for that insurance and it's stupid to pay for insurance and have to pay to replace the tires too.
This. Normally I would say no but that's a ridiculous policy that makes no sense.
Blue_Prelude
Countess
Countess

Unread post

No. I agree it’s a ridiculous policy, but that’s insurance fraud.

So they didn’t suspect anything when he tried to file a claim on all 4 tires, was denied the fourth, and called back the next day to say, “oh hey, they slashed my fourth tire now?”
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Blue_Prelude wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:52 am No. I agree it’s a ridiculous policy, but that’s insurance fraud.

So they didn’t suspect anything when he tried to file a claim on all 4 tires, was denied the fourth, and called back the next day to say, “oh hey, they slashed my fourth tire now?”
He slashed the tire before he even filed the claim
Locked Previous topicNext topic